VS. Blue Green 3-4 ppl Match

I was just wondering what deck people are having success with against the Blue/Green in 3-4 people free for all matches.  The Blue/Green deck always seems to get the Annihilators, tap 8 permanents, and 6/6 flying shroud out with ease.  I've had some wins against them, but it's always great timing with a splash of luck.  The Blue/Green always seems to have board control.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="stUckU"]

I was just wondering what deck people are having success with against the Blue/Green in 3-4 people free for all matches.  The Blue/Green deck always seems to get the Annihilators, tap 8 permanents, and 6/6 flying shroud out with ease.  I've had some wins against them, but it's always great timing with a splash of luck.  The Blue/Green always seems to have board control.

[/quote]

They have board presence. Not board control. It's on the low in of controlling a game. As for how to beat it? I sometimes tell the other players if we don't gang up on him/her early on... we're going to get slaughtered later on. It's messed up but true.  If we petty fight amongst each other while he/she accelerates to it's bombs then we're all screwed. I always look at the Ancient Depths player in 3-4 player FFA as pretty arrogant so that doesn't sit well with me. I would say as of lately 3 out of 4 times when an Ancient Depths deck shows up I don't really have to say anything. All the vampires, soldiers and elementals turn their attention toward them.

UG is my favorite deck, so I play it a lot.  It's biggest weakness is to early-game aggro, when it's still ramping.  Hit it hard and fast.  UG has a much stronger late game than any of the other decks, so don't let it get there.