Voice turn off issue

I have the xbox one with a sky box connected to an LG tv.  when i say xbox on, the xbox turns everything on.  the voice commands also work for volume and mute.  However, xbox turn off, will only turn the xbox off, leaving the sky box and tv on.  I then have to turn the tv and sky boxes off via remote.  any tips so i can get the xbox to turn it all off with voice commands

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Eisenbull, try: if you used auto-detection, try manual entry of make/model of TV and STB. Also, be sure you are in the High-Power state (was chosen during initial setup). One other thing, be sure the Kinect and your STB (set top box aka cable box), and TV's IR readers are in an open area. For example: if you look at the front of your STB you will see a small square of glass or plastic, likely that is the where the IR reader is located. Make sure that square is pointed to an open area of the room. This allows the Kinect to IR blast commands and for them to be received by the other devices. I hope this helps. Game on!

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are settings in the Xbox menu to control the TV, the cable box and a receiver.  You can configure the Xbox to turn each of them on/off separately.  Perhaps yours is not set to control those boxes and just the TV?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.