Video On Media Player Keeps Crashing

Recently When I've Been Watching Videos On My Media Player App Through My External Hard Drive It Keeps Crashing And Showing An Error Saying Can't Play With The Code 0xc00d11cd. If Anyone Could Help Me With This I Would Really Appreciate It. 🙂👍

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Let's start with these steps and be sure to let us know if it helps!

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console until it fully powers down.
  • While your Xbox One console is powered off, unplug the hard drive from the Xbox One console.
  • Turn the Xbox One console back on and plug the hard drive back in once your console has booted up.

If the issue persists, the next best step will be copy your files from your external hard drive to a Windows PC and then reformat your external hard drive. Once the hard drive has reformatted, throw a few of the files back on to test on your Xbox One.

Keep us posted! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same here. Since the last update the media player app keeps crashing after 40 minutes or so of watching videos. Mkv, mp4 it doesn't matter. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Still didn't help. My usb drive videos work fine on the Xbox 360. I'm gonna try the suggestions from mister beep.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issue! Let's start with these steps and be sure to let us know if it helps!

• Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console until it fully powers down.
  • While your Xbox One console is powered off, unplug the hard drive from the Xbox One console.
  • Turn the Xbox One console back on and plug the hard drive back in once your console has booted up.

If the issue persists, the next best step will be copy your files from your external hard drive to a Windows PC and then reformat your external hard drive. Once the hard drive has reformatted, throw a few of the files back on to test on your Xbox One.

Keep us posted! 

tried all that. Reformatting worked but for a short time , one movie. My usb stick works fine on 360, ps3, and ps4. I hope Microsoft is looking into this. The Nov. update screwed something up. I never had media player issues until now and this is my third xbox1. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there,

Keep us posted! 

Hey there Mister Beep, nice to see an official response in one of these threads all about the same issue, there's actually a more recent one which outlines the specifics of this bug, which is pretty much confirmed and easy to reproduce, both me and my friend have confirmed it happens whether on Xbox One X or Xbox One S, it's as easy as getting any .m4v video file (H.265 video + AC3 audio) and set it to play... after about 25 minutes or so, media player will hard crash, every time, there is no way to resolve this, even hard-resetting the console and deleting all apps makes no difference... something happened with the Nov 16 Update that has basically BROKEN media player this way. Note that this problem does not seem to affect playback of other file formats, such as .mkv within media player, it only seems to affect files which have a .m4v or .mp4 file suffix, which is effectively every single video that I've ever encoded onto my external drive, and I used to quite enjoy being able to just leave my xbox running and have it auto-play through things, but now it can't even make it through a single episode of anything because 25 minutes is hard-crash time!

Can we please get some sort of official confirmation of this problem being worked on?? I don't understand how something like this slipped through the cracks in the first place, much less why it seems to be being treated as if it's an isolated incident; this affects EVERY SINGLE XBOX USER GLOBALLY and is 100% fully reproducible on ANY console!

Sorry this didn't help.