Video Movie [for Rent Option] does not show

I am trying to rent several movies for an upcoming family vacation. We will be offline for large portions of the trip, so streaming a movie will not work. The movie "Parental Guidance" has an indicator that it is "NOW for rent", but when I select that movie, the only option I can see is Buy. I did notice a Rent button appear briefly on the website page, but it disappears almost before the webpage completes loading. This happens on Windows 7 and on a Surface RT device. Skyfall 007 has a similar problem. It says 2 DAY RENTAL, but there doesn't appear to be an option to rent. And why so few to rent? Amazon offers every movie to rent or buy.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 98 Applies to:

By website do you mean xbox.com?  If so, you can't rent from the website, you have to use the Xbox Video app or the Zune Software on your PC or an Xbox console.  I've looked on my Xbox Video app and the Zune software, and I'm seeing that both titles you've listed are available for Rent in the US.

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, that clears it up for me, my bad. Actually, this time I accessed the Windows RT tile called Video, then selected the "Movies Store" and bingo, the 'buy' and the 'rent' options show up (for those movies that are rentable). After purchasing, a "Downloaded" indicator shows up. It just started downloading 1.2GB. Very nice. Many thanks for the prompt response. You guys rock.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.