Video jitter or deInterlacing issues (Non UK/EU)

When watching liveTV using the Xbox One passthrough I am plagued by constant jitter issues.  I have a TWC DCX3400 and a Samsung UN55D6900WF TV.  When watching channels with static overlays (like the SpikeTV logo) the text or overlays literally bounce in place.  When watching fast motion video (ie. football) you can see a jitter when the camera pans or during fast action moments.

I do not want to drop my output to 720 and this issue does /not/ exist when bypassing the xbox.  Anyone have any ideas?  Is this a known issue?  Most of what i've found online points to the UK/EU 50hz issues.

This AM I also had to disable 'instant on' and fully reboot the box as I was getting the "for some reason TV took too long to start" "(0x8027025a)" error.

Trying to ask Microsoft is pointless.  After 20 minutes of "yes, it's not there when i remove the xbox" I finally got this question and gave up

[quote] Sean, we need to do some troubleshooting steps. First, turn off your console and unplug all the cables in the console and on your tv. Let's wait for 30sec. after then kindly plug the input to AV instead of HDMI. Then turn back on your console and tv then let's see if this will resolve that case.Would that be alright for you Sean? [/quote]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Well I seemingly found one fix and now a new / bigger issue.  I had never noticed that my TWC box had a button on the front panel to manually switch the output resolution.  Found out that the TWC box defaults to 720p into the xbox and 1080i into my TV.  Switching it to 1080i manually fixed the jitter I had and now I've got the freezing video issue everyone else is complaining about.  Power cycling boxes, tried three sets of HDMI cables, nada.  

At this point I'm going to have to bypass the xbox altogether which is kinda crappy after shelling out the cash for this thing.  Unless someone has some suggestions, I hope this is a SW issue and gets fixed in the near future.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.