Video Capturing Devices

I was interested in getting one for as cheap as I could possibly get one without it being too crappy. Anyone got any suggestions on where to look and what to get. I still have a crappy T.V with only two input plugs, one for video from the 360 and one for sound which my Turtle Beaches are plugged into.) (The things you plug your cords into on the back of the T.V, I don't know the name of them so pardon me.) Would I still be able to use my Turtle Beaches or would I have to find a way to get more inputs in there or something? Sorry I really don't have much knowledge on these things so any help would be appreciated!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

There are plenty of different video capturing devices. There are cards that you have to install into your PC, which would record video directly to your PC and there are also capture boxes which would store everything on a box which you would then upload into your PC. Which one are you looking for?

Either one would work, preferably the one that requires less wires.

If you are looking for a cheap Cap card, this may interest you, EasyCap 2.0 & How to setup one and what you will need. Because you are going to be playing in Standard Definition you will only be able to capture/record in SD, so you don't need to buy any thing to expensive as you not recording in HD, unless you plan to buy a HD T.V.

Note: The the EasyCap 2.0 will not record in video format Pal 60hz (which makes in useless if you live in the UK) If your video format on your Xbox is set to or can be set to NTSC then it will work fine. 

A dazzle will net you better quality than a easycap but it's going to cost more. For both you're going to need to buy Male to Female Splitters and another AV Cable.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

A dazzle will net you better quality than a easycap but it's going to cost more. For both you're going to need to buy Male to Female Splitters and another AV Cable.

[/quote]

Yeah dazzle is better, but there is a £35 price difference give or take. The quality will be better but the OP is still limited to Standard Definition output from the console. IMO I would save your £££ until you buy a HD T.V. And then buy a Dazzle, I bought a easycap for £5 from Amazon and sold it for £10 on Ebay, Don't ask why someone payed double for one.

I forget to say, If you have a cam-corder that as AV in (not out) which most HD cam-corders have now adays. you can spilt the signal same way you do on a Easycap or Dazzle, (I don't mean record the the TV) I mean you can record the footage on to the memory card using a AV cable and slipters. And there is also plently of free software online you can use for editing. I did this for a while and found the quality to be quite good.

Hmm...I did plan on getting an HD T.V soon so I might just go ahead and get the Dazzle, appreciate the responses.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

Hmm...I did plan on getting an HD T.V soon so I might just go ahead and get the Dazzle, appreciate the responses.

[/quote]That pretty much defeats the purpose of an HDTV as you'll be playing in SD if you want to record. Playing in SD on a HDTV is worse than a SDTV itself since you're taking interlaced video and streching it even further. Everything just becomes blurry and it's just terrible trying to play like that.

Iv got the Roxio Game Cap, Its pretty good, You record in SD but still can play in HD. Dont know what your price range is but that's about £70.

That also comes with software and its easy to use. You can make your videos look HD by rendering it.

And you can also use your TB with it, just cant record your voice.