Very misleading trailers that look too good and turn out not so awesome...

I'm genuienly saddened that I was fooled by Codemasters F1 Race Star game trailers, they look really "epicly" brilliant (fast, cool and entertaining), but then when I played the demo I was like "oh.. this is it? it's so boring".

-

I guess Black Ops 2 is gonna be the same thing. Stop false advertisement.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They can make any game/movie look good in a trailer.

Dead Island was a good one.  Man the trailer was awesome but I found the game rather boring.  

I loved Dead Island, but the trailer was a million times better than the game.

-

I hate trailers that only show CG. I like actual gameplay.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I remember the trailers from Dishonored were great looking. The game itself? Not so much...

Almost all game trailers are "false advertisement" because most of the trailers are simulated. Sure, there are some that are "real" gameplay footage, but they probably just had the enemy team plan it out and stuff.

Yes, the Dishonored trailers were really catchy and looked great, then you start the game and wah wah wah.

The like of the F1 trailers.  It does look like all gameplay and doesn't look like they showed you anything you can't actually do in the game.    Not really misleading.

-

I actually like CG or Live Action trailers.   They could still look good in years when the game doesn't.    Trailers aren't usually the only thing you get to see of the game before release.  There was footage of Dead Island gameplay.

Brink was a good example of this. The trailer showed stuff that wasn't anywhere close to what you could do in game. It also made the game look fun, which wasn't true.

This is an example of a great trailer that uses almost entirely accurate game footage. It's also one of the best FPS to date so that probably helped-

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJyo49j8Ck]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

Brink was a good example of this. The trailer showed stuff that wasn't anywhere close to what you could do in game. It also made the game look fun, which wasn't true.

This is an example of a great trailer that uses almost entirely accurate game footage. It's also one of the best FPS to date so that probably helped-

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJyo49j8Ck]

[/quote]Yes ;( brink tricked me indeed.

Joke's on you brink, I bought you used so gamestop let me return it simply for not liking it, didn't lose any money