Very frustrating - Blu Ray region issues

Okay I'm getting zero search results as to a fix for this and I don't want to wait for an hour trying to reach "costumer service" -

I bought my X1 in Washington State on the day of release, set it all up properly, and I can't play 9 out of 10 of any Blu Ray discs and NONE of my 100+ DVDs work.  All are from Region A/1 and I still get "THIS DISC WILL NOT PLAY DUE TO THE REGION CODE SETTING OF THE PLAYER"

I've uninstalled the Blu Ray app and reinstalled several times.  I'm getting beyond pissed I just spent over $100 on new movies and only one works.

Please can I get a straight answer on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 59 Applies to:

On DVDs it reads "Sorry, we can't play this disc. The disc is made for region 1 and this console is designed for region 4. (0x91d70005)"

Wtf.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds to me like an issue with your console. I'd probably contact support for an exchange. I don't think the region can be changed by end users. Sounds like either the factory somehow screwed up and put the wrong region on your box (or your box in the wrong -USA- packaging) or something is just broken with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

This really is a horridly stupid issue to face with today's tech. It is estimated that over 95%of bluray players for sale in the states are region free. Microsoft boasts that the Xbox One is the all in one entertainment device for the home, but it limits what movies will play in their disc drive while other companies don't. Pathetic. Please address this issue. It isn't even a hard issue to fix. The firmware is easy to update and secure for these disc drives.

Sorry this didn't help.