Very frustrated user

I have just gotten  off the phone with support for over an hour. To no avail, the rep was not able to help me at all. My issue is that after going through the set up I recieived an Alert Connection Error.  It states "Your HDTV does not support HDCP. Please use the YPrPb component connection to watch tv. " I have gone through various troubleshooting techniques and nothing works. My tv is 3 years old and runs everything just fine. I have a Samsung TV and have a Cablevision box.  There are no cables or input I believe on the xbox one to make the proposed connection work. If anyone has any ideas, that would be helpful. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Did you replace the HDMI cable with the one that came with the Xbox One? Perhaps, if not, the cable you are using is an older cable that is not compatible with HDCP, which is a copyright protection scheme.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for replying! I did not replace the one that came with the Xbox one. I am using it for the tv to xbox one and have my own hdmi cable that I am using to the cable box. I will try this in the morning and see if it works. Thank you for the suggestion.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.