Very Different, But Sill Fun

GRFS is very different compared to the GRAW series and extremely different compared to the original GR games. Unless it's added to the final retail build, there is no longer an option to switch your rate of fire via a fire selector on your weapon. They've also added regenerating health (although it isn't as bad as Call of Duty) and some new gameplay mechanics involving tech, such as cameras, the ability to hack stunned enemies and predator-style cloaking.

However, my favorite aspect of GR is still in GRFS: it doesn't take that many shots to take someone down. A good burst to someone's center mass or a headshot is all it takes.

I really hope that the beta isn't fully representative of the final retail build because, even though I don't consider myself a graphics ***, I can't stand the low res textures of your character's hands when you're aiming down the sights. Also, there are other minor issues I'd like to see fixed, like smoothing out the aiming a bit and movement animations.

Overall, I am having fun with the beta and am planning on picking up GRFS, even though it is radically different from other GRs. I'm sure some fans are going to hate the changes.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Doesn't the rate of fire change based on you weapons build?  I want to say I read that or saw it somewhere.

I think you change the trigger in gunsmith to change the rate of fire.

I didn't know that switching triggers changes rof, but that's not realistic.

Even the most basic assault rifles and SMGs have a fire selector for 3 round burst AND full auto.

I'm open to some of the changes Ubi made to the series, but I can't accept their "solution" for changing rof.

Yeah I was pretty surprised about ROF and the trigger selection.  Nothing beats suppressing your enemy to then quickly change your ROF to single shot to get the precision shots.  Oh well I guess this is UBI's way of evening the playing field....meh!

I think the whole idea of trigger is to support team play.  Frankly I find the new fresh idea.  Well its a good one.

When I first started the beta yesterday, I was excited and loved it (2 matches or so) then as I played more, I got a feeling that Ubi has ruined the Ghost Recon that I have grown to love.  I started my fiasco with GR2:Summit Strike and eventually the GRAW's, which I find to be really good too, though nothing like the original xbox recons.  

But I must admit, I kinda dig where they took this game.  Yes, they added elements of other games in the shooter genre, like Unlockables, certain gun attachments and Swap Cover systems, but I do want some evolution in a franchise that literally introduced me into gaming.

I do think that this next ghost Recon will put off many veteran's of the franchise but do not believe the franchise will disappoint like SOCOM 4 did to it's dedicated fans.  We will see...................

This is not a beta, it's a demo. What you're playing now is what you'll be playing when the game is released. Nothing will change.

Totally agree. This is just like the "beta" BF3 had.

But I will say, I like this. I only played 2 matches but after the browser update on BF3, I'm ready for this game. Please do not put server browsers on this game and most Importantly, If I'm with friends.....DON'T break up our squad/team.

[quote user="Jago 85"]

This is not a beta, it's a demo. What you're playing now is what you'll be playing when the game is released. Nothing will change.

[/quote]I do agree with you, I touched on that in an earlier thread, but like most things I will keep my fingers crossed.  I am sure they'll tweak a few things here and there but what I guarantee will happen is that there will be connection issues at least a week after release.  That is what I get upset about when they release a, in UBI's words not Jago's, Multi-player Beta and do not fix network issues prior to release.  As for what the game offers currently, I can learn to enjoy, I like it.

[quote user="T 850 M 101"]

Totally agree. This is just like the "beta" BF3 had.

But I will say, I like this. I only played 2 matches but after the browser update on BF3, I'm ready for this game. Please do not put server browsers on this game and most Importantly, If I'm with friends.....DON'T break up our squad/team.

[/quote]

Sadly, GRAW 1 and 2 had a version of server browser in it. I have had one instance of host migration after someone left the game that was the host. I would not enjoy the pre-rent a server browser of BF3 on this game. But the system Ubi had on the last two games of this series and last two of Rainbow Six worked much better. You would start you lobby up and you had control over where your friends ended up and map selections. Now, this beta may be just set up to allow quicker joining to matches. But it would be a shame if Ubi got rid of player controlled lobbies. Because the four games I mentioned above, I never got stuck on the other team unless the host put me there on purpose. And so far in the beta, if I got on the other team when joining in with friends. After only one match the game usually put you all back together on the same team. If you have more than three player though, you might be on Bravo squad but at least you are on the same team.