vertical vs flat

I just bought a new TV stand and I cant fit my XBOX on the shelf standing upright (vertical). Is there any problem with laying the XBOX flat??

Thanks 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Laying it flat is the best way to avoid accidents and it's much easier to put in discs.

I keep mine laying flat so the disc drive stays horizontal and so I don't accidently bump or knock it over.

flat is better. And that how i got mine since I had the 360. And having flat is what we old schoolers would put  our console at. but you new schooler most like do that then the way we old schooler would put a XBOX on out entertainment stand.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

I keep mine vertical.  I've not been clumsy enough knock it over yet.  It's been like that for years. Not had to replace it.

[/quote]

Way off topic but you have some great recently played games

I keep mine vertical.  I've not been clumsy enough knock it over yet.  It's been like that for years. Not had to replace it.

I've never stood the xbox up. Why risk it falling over when it's perfectly fine laying flat? I understand space issues but when it comes to a piece of machinery like the xbox I think it's proper to make extra space for it. My cousin had his crammed into an entertainment unit with a stereo and all the other home theatre gear and it red ringed pretty soon after that.

I always had my console vertically standing, no damage to any games as of yet.

And damage the 360 itself.

I'll never stand my 360 up, particularly since it lives on top of an entertainment unit and that would be a very good way to destroy everything involved.

Be mindful of how much space is between where you lay the xbox and anything above it, you dont want it to overheat.

I like to keep mine flat, simply because it's easier to put discs in the tray.