Vanguards online.

Yeah, obv new here multiplayer wise, and I've used a few classes, but I love my Human Vanguard. Charge + Nova + GPS (funnily enough is Geth Plasma Shotty) = pwnage. Rarely go down. :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Besides his slug-like reflexes, the Krogan Vanguard literally is almost unstoppable.

No offense.... but Human Vanguards are the ones I hate the most. Biotic Charge into the enemy and Nova, makes them think they are invincible. Yet more often than not, most Vanguards who use that combo, end up getting themselves killed by 'charging' into a group, and getting ganged up on by the enemy... and then are screaming for someone to revive them.

You like vanguard Zehq and that's fine, however I tend to back out of any lobby's with a vanguard in, specifically if they are a Human Vanguard.

My aggravation with Vanguards is for the same reason as anyone who uses the Shockwave power. The Biotic Charge, & Nova, & Shockwave suck for all of the Vanguard's team mates because these powers essentially reverberate & cause the ground to shake across the map, making it extremely difficult to aim a gun at an enemy & get off an accurate shot.

[quote user="Zehq"]

Yeah, obv new here multiplayer wise, and I've used a few classes, but I love my Human Vanguard. Charge + Nova + GPS (funnily enough is Geth Plasma Shotty) = pwnage. Rarely go down. :)

[/quote]

If you like that character you will probably really enjoy the Vanguard Krogan Battlemaster.  A lot of fun on silver. 

The one thing I can't stand about Vanguards is how glitchy they can be if you aren't the room host.  Either you have to deal with your Biotic Charge not working at critical moments or some games you start floating above the map.  Both problems are irritating!  But I do sometimes bring out my Vanguard if I do finally host a room....just never on Gold.

I also never use Vanguards on gold and have yet to see a successful vanguard on gold.  I should rephrase that I have yet to see a vanguard "succesfully using biotic charge on gold." 

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

I also never use Vanguards on gold and have yet to see a successful vanguard on gold.  I should rephrase that I have yet to see a vanguard "succesfully using biotic charge on gold." 

[/quote]I've completed two Gold matches with a Krogan Vanguard (both times he was host).  He had one of the lowest scores both times and he died more often than everyone else.  That being said, even though we beat the match, I wouldn't call that a successful Vanguard on Gold.  That's especially considering the player using the Vanguard is quite often a top scorer.  If anything I felt like we were handicapped because of the Vanguard.  Furthermore we were playing against Geth.  Geth don't have anything like the Banshee, Brute, Atlas, or Phantom in which they can insta-kill you.  If they did, I'm certain he would have been insta-killed at least once or twice which would have made the match much more difficult.

I will stick with my salarian engineer along with a geth infiltrator and some Asari Justicars for the gold.

Vanguards are horrid. 

They're either getting downed every 10 seconds or they're causing the ground to vibrate so much you send a sniper bullet 3 feet wide of the targets head.

Is every Vanguard on Silver and Gold a point ***? When will they realize it's a "Team" score with no prizes to be won. To think I've actually been kicked from matches run by them. What - afraid the level 20 SE gonna weigh you down or steal your thunder?