Valve Not Attending E3.

Surprise! The company that brought you the critically adored Portal 2 will not be attending E3 this year.

Here is the entirety of Valve's press release:

"Hi,

Lots of folks have mailed asking about appointment times, etc., with Valve.

Well, we are not showing any titles at this year's show. So no appointment is needed.

Thanks"

Valve always gets straight to the point. You've got to appreciate that. Let's hope they're hard at work on Episode 3...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

Or is it E3 that isn't attending Valve?  No, that was bad.

Maybe they're too busy with Half Life 3...

[/quote]

Don't forget about Episode 3 of Half Life 2.

E3 is pretty meh now anyways.

Edit: Whoops, thought I was still logged in as Psykosocial :/

I hoped for news on Episode 3.

[quote user="The Lord of War"]

Never really cared for there over-hyped gaming and abusment of the xbox 360.

[/quote]

Lol how do you figure they abuse the 360?

You know they would love to release more free content but MS won't let them.

Old but still relevant:

"According to CVG, Gabe Newell admitted hoping that Microsoft would change was his biggest mistake in an interview with PC Gamer. Newell’s biggest complaint is over the fact that Microsoft won’t allow the studio to regularly update its games for free. Microsoft has complicated policies within Xbox Live that are dictated and driven by specific financial parameters. In most cases the company allows developers to make only one free update to their games via patch or marketplace. There are also restrictions to the amount of free content that can be given away by the studio. Rockstar recently also complained about this issue as the studio was forced to bundle DLC meant to be free along with paid content. Of course to maintain a certain degree of parity with the Xbox 360, PS3 owners will receive a similar “treatment” regardless of Sony’s open attitude."

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/09/10/valve-calls-xbox-live-a-train-wreck/

Or is it E3 that isn't attending Valve?  No, that was bad.

Maybe they're too busy with Half Life 3...

Once again, no word of progress on Half Life 3. But that was expected anyway. Other than that, I am indifferent to this news

^^Again?

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

^^Again?

[/quote]

What do you mean? lol.

Left 4 Dead 2 has been out since November 2009. Im tired of getting DLC with crappy short campaign add ons and a few remakes from the original. I and I think most fans of the series are ready for at least an announcemnt of a 3rd installment.

Its not like its Call of Duty where a new ones announce every 4 to 6 months after the last one came out >.>

Damn, I was hoping for a Left 4 Dead 3 announcement.

Never really cared for there over-hyped gaming and abusment of the xbox 360.