Using Skype on Xbox One Error

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

Ask Your Parent To Change This Setting For You

You cannot Xbox Live Gold is required to use Skype for Xbox One because of how your account is set up.

Your parent can change this for you in your privacy settings.

For the record that is exactly what is says and it is not a typo - it doesn't even make sense. Anyway, I've gone to Privacy settings on the Xbox but no joy. I am 43 so no need for my parents!

I have tried rebooting without joy. I have checked on my Skype app on my Mac but everything works fine, as it does on my iPhone. The only issue is with the Xbox. I have Xbox Live Gold also and am logged in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

To confirm, I tried selecting my account, which was accurate but I got the error message. I tried signing out and then in again by adding my email address, etc that is part of Xbox Live Gold It states "Now, Go To Your Home".

It signs me in but instantly signs me out again and gives the above message.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

G'day BeautifulSeas! Are your privacy & online settings set to Custom, or Adult? If they're on Custom, try switching them to Adult to see if that helps. Then power cycle your console - hold the power button for 5-10 seconds and allow it to fully shut down. Wait 30 seconds, then start it up again and launch Skype. Let us know the result!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.