Using Same Account at Different Consoles

Hi. Me and my friends wonder, what if I log in from another console and try to download a game which I already purchased and downloaded to my own console? And another question, what if my account gets banned from Xbox Live and I have to download a game which I already purchased before (let's say I don't have enough space on my hdd and had to delete a game, now I want to re-download)?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:
Answer

hi you wont get banned, now there is something you would have to do:

you can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how (but works for this):

On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

Don't know your gamertag? See Download, move, or delete your Xbox Live profile.

Need to find your Microsoft account? See Find your Microsoft account.

Can't remember the password for your Microsoft account? See Recover your Microsoft account password.

Go to Settings and select Account.

Under Your Billing Options, select License Transfer.

Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.

After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. For information about how to do this, see Download content you’ve previously purchased( support.xbox.com/.../redownload-content).

After you follow these steps, content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.

hope that helps:)

(also not everything you do will get you banned, you can get suspended for like not paying the bills but it is a community report system)

Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi there,

You can log onto another console and download a game you already purchased so you can play it on the other console.. Keep in mind other users on that console will only be able to play the game if the content owner is logged into that console.

Redownloading because you don't have space isn't issue. It might be wiser to pick up a 32GB thumbdrive so you don't have to delete the content. Sometimes content gets removed and isn't downloadable anymore.

I hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.