Using oneguide with my new DTA box and IR emitter instead of Kinect

Hi there, I just received a new Cisco DTA 271HD from Time Warner due to the upcoming switch to digital only. I am able to view the tv through the TV Xbox app, but I am not able to control it with the Xbox controller. So far what i'm thinking is that this is a brand new DTA and xbox hasn't received the IR codes for it yet. 

The reason I say this is because when I tried to manually look up the model, after the "Send Command" thing didn't work, the model didn't come up, the only thing that came up was "DTA170HD" and  "DTA50" so do I just need to wait until a new update or am I doing something wrong. The layout is as follows.

Cable Coax -> Cisco DTA271HD -> HDMI -> Xbox HDMI IN -> HDMI -> TV   AND  Xbox -> IR emitter cable

any help is appreciated thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

I try that too and is not working for me either.I just got the boxes today. I hope xbox can get the codes for this Cisco DTA 271HD sooon!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have either of you got any luck? I'm having the same exact problem. Hopefully Microsoft will get on this soon considering the box has been out since April.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Shadowmorta Dan! This thread is a little old. You will want to send feedback through the console, Settings > TV & OneGuide > Troubleshoot, to get this information to the right teams. If you need assistance with any other support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums.

Sorry this didn't help.