Using licensed content without the original user profile in the console

Hey guys, I currently have an Xbox 360 FAT model with a lot of digital games inside that were downloaded through my profile.

So I want to sell my console to my brother that lives in another house for a very cheap price and then I will buy a brand new one paying the difference.

Obviously, I will remove my profile from the previous console once it is sold, so my question is whether my brother will still be able to play the digital games with his profile  even after I remove the original profile from it.

I know that I will still be able to play the digital games I purchased in my new console as long as I stay connected with my profile.

I also don't want to use the option to migrate licenses from one console to another as I want my brother to be able to play the games as well.

Best Regards.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yes, that would work and he would have access to all the games. The console you download to is granted a licence for each game irrespective of owner that allows any user to play the game - either online or offline.

However, it's not seen in a good light by the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct as he would be getting games he does not own. I feel I should mention that so that you are aware of it.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Maxen13 for the prompt reply.

As you mentioned  about the Terms of Use, I decided to read a little bit more about it in order to understand how it really works for downloaded games ...  and yes, it seems you are right.

After carefully reading about the terms of use, I decided to sell my console to my brother as planned but this time I will clean up the HDD by removing all profiles and downloaded games from it.

Thanks for making me aware about it. You actually pushed me to read a little further about how it works.

Best Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.