using different companions...

is they're a way to use different companions at different times, or can you only pick 2 and those are the 2 that your stuck with for the game?  if so how do i go about changing them, and if i do change them, when i want them back are they back where i first found them, or are they somewhere perticular !

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

you can send them to wait at the lucky 38 and switch them out there or send them to their original places

What he wrote.  You can have one of each companion though 1 humanoid & 1 not.  So you could have say ED-E & Lilly, or ED-E & Veronica (or the dog & them).  But you couldn't have Arcade & Lily,  or Boone & Lily if I remember correct.  

ok i dont think i've gotten the room @ lucky38 yet,  been exploring...  is they're an option in the companion menu (radial wheel) to send them to the lucky38 or do i have to take them they're and then do it?

You actually have to have the room at the Lucky 38 to be able to send them there. And yes it will just show up in the wheel when you talk to them.

If you don't have the room at the Lucky 38 you can send them to wait where you picked them up and come back and get them when ever you want to use them again.

You can switch them up at any time but I find it's rather difficult to meet all the criteria for some of their personal quests if you don't have them with you all the time. I guess if you cheated a bit and looked up the various triggers you could plan ahead but I found it easier to just stick with one per playthrough.

ahh, the only options it gives me with boon are "wait here" and "i think we should part ways"

I think we should part ways is how you dismiss a companion.  As long as you meet their conditions for picking them up you can always go back and get them again.

schweet thanks!

I'm a solo character on hardcore mode, maybe my next playthrough I'll take advantage of companions