User details Compromised

There is a list of emails going around right now and people are claiming that Xbox Live was compromised. Major Nelson and Stepto both indicate that there is no sign of live being compromised and stepto suggests that it is most likely phished Emails. When will people learn to not be Phished.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I assume that you're talking about those 62,000 emails being leaked.

You can check for that small chance of yours being out there:

gizmodo.com/.../find-out-if-your-passwords-were-leaked-by-lulzsec-right-here

I didn't even really search it just posted what I read from the Major and the Step on twitter.

Looks like mine wasn't released since I DON'T GET PHISHED. lol.

Has there been a lot of that going around or is it just some random thing?

Everything seems to be getting hacked now that Sony screwed everything up.

That link also doesn't seem to be what they were talking about.

Its not exactly indicative that these accounts originated from xbox live. It would be that fan sites like 360achievements was hacked and they have likely enough reason to believe some of those people used the same user/password everywhere.

The best thing you can do is to come up with a password pattern that only you know that allows you to create unique passwords everywhere yet still remember without having to revert to sticky notes.

I have no doubt they didn't come to xbox live.

Is that link legit? Does gizmodo really have information on all the accounts that were stolen?

I have not read anything reliable to indicate account information was stolen from Xbox Live.  Those stolen accounts from Lulzsec have nothing to do with Live.

Be prepared for the upcoming apocalypse.