Useless Xbox Support Group

I've been unable to spend my MS points for over a week now.  I called the 800 number for the fifth time today.  They just keep pushing me off to more people every time I talk to them.  Today I told them I was pretty sure I had discovered what the problem was and their response was that I continue to wait until they have had time to do their own research which could take two weeks.  No wonder so many people keep switching over to Sony.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Perhaps if you could tell us what the exact problem is we could help you?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I apologize for your frustration in dealing with your issue. As Power suggested, please let us know more about your issue and maybe we can help you out. Also, you can check out our sticky posts in this forum for your issue to see if they shed any light on what you are experiencing.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem now is that every time I try to use my card I get an error message.  I have spoken to seven (7) people at Microsoft, all of whom have not been able to tell me what the problem is or fix it.  So, whatever they tried doing to fix it has made it worse.

Sorry this didn't help.

Define "card". Is it a Microsoft Points card? Xbox live subscription card? Arcade Game/Add-on card? Or does card refer to your Credit/Debit/Gift card? Also, define "error message". If it gives some fancy number code, repeat that here so the support people can decode it.

If it is a card you bought in a store, and you get a "card not valid", "card already used", or "card not activated" then I'd say take it back to the store - either they forgot to activate it, or you just got a bad card.

If it's a credit card, I'll assume you've already checked that you got the information right and the card has the money and isn't expired. Check https://billing.microsoft.com and make sure you don't owe any money (that can happen if you have the infamous auto renewal turned on). Also, is the card already on your account and just isn't working, or are you trying to add a card and it won't let you?

Finally, this is a shot in the dark, but if your buying Microsoft points, would the transaction put your total points above 20,000?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would recommend starting with our Can't Purchase sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../32.aspx) and see if anything there helps you. If not, post back here with the requested info at the bottom of the sticky. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

A dozen people later I found out all I had to do was change my windows live id.  I wish they had told me that much sooner.

Sorry this didn't help.