useless support.

All i see on these forums. are lies run arrounds and useless support..

people have issues, and you come out with

"working on a fix we will let you know soon"
2 weeks later. some one asks where is the fix..
then they get tol
"working on the fix thank you for being patient"

3 weeks later. some one asks where the fix is. and gets told..
"this is a old thread please make a new one"

Its just rediculous..
You mark thereads as "question has been answered" and it just has not been answered at all.

If i was in charge all of you would be going to find a new job in the morning.
this is not how customer service should be.

case in point.
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/8/t/281179.aspx?PageIndex=5

and thats just one.. pretty much every thread i read is the same..

People have problems caused by MS.
MS say working on it.
Some 1 marks it question answered.
Some one then says Well thats not an answer when will we get a fix.,
MS SAY Soon.
people wait then ask again.
MS say start a new thread..

new thread gets made.
MS say working on it.
Some 1 marks it question answered.
Some one then says Well thats not an answer when will we get a fix.,
MS SAY Soon.
people wait then ask again.
MS say start a new thread.

New thread gets made...... (i could repete this forever)
and thats exactly whats going on. you just send people arround in circles and dont answer anything. But mark everything as answered in some sort of "if i marked this as answered i get $100 bonus" attitude.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Shambles.  Thank you so much for the feedback.  I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the service, but we always do appreciate hearing back from folks.  The above posts have some very good info in them.  Sometimes the true answer to a question isn't necessarily the one we're hoping for.  

As for long-tail issues such as the one you linked, I can definitely understand frustration.  Some of those exotic issues can take a little while to resolve.  However, we keep those threads open and we keep in contact with folks because we never want to abandon customers, even when we can't resolve their issues right away.

If you have further feedback about the forums and our support, you can also leave it here: Xbox LIVE Wishlist/Feedback.  Thanks again for taking the time to post, and I hope this answers some of your questions and concerns. 

Finally, just to check, were there any issues you needed help with currently? 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi ShambleS190 xb,

I do agree at some points, but not all of them.

Even, there's a big difference between Ambassador Support and Xbox Technician Support.

Ambassadors can basically solve standard problems, for example: Game Read Disc Issues and re-downloading Profile.

Also have Ambassadors the disadvantage that they Can Not get access to someone's profile to solve billing issues or stop a manuel Xbox Live Subscription.

Furthermore, some Ambassadors have more skills then other Ambassadors, for example they have a job in a networking comany, so that Ambassador is good in solving network problems. The other one is not, but proberly he's good in solving other issues.

Another difference is that Xbox Support Engineers get an internal training for their job and we don't. We are just gamers, just like you and every other gamer, but we like to help other gamers with their issues, so they can play on again (hopefully without problems). Xbox Support Technicians learn everything that they should learn, like compatability, solving basic issues, learning the support pages, what do to when.... (for example your account is been stolen) etc. Ambassadors can't.

What you said about the thread with marking an answer. There ary many wways to solve issues, and there are quite of solutions to use when a specific problem appears.

The kind of solution is also associated ith the kind of error-code your recieve (if you recieve an error-code). For example, if you recieve an Disc Is Unreadable Status-Code, you should NOT apply a solution that's associated with issues with downloading a Profile from Xbox Live. Well, this is an very simple example, but it's just that you can understand how it works (a little bit). For other users the answer given was usefull, and for the other one it wasen't. It also depends of how the problem occured. That's one reason why their are so many troubleshooting pages. Solution can occure on different ways and in most cases it works with the same solution, but not always.

The most players that undergo an issue that doesn't looks like very hard to solve, will start with speaking an Ambassador. If he/she is unable to fix the problem, you always can try to get in touch with a Xbox Support Engineer. They are in most cases more experienced and will proberly solve your issues. Proberly, if you chat with an Ambassador and he/she is unable to solve the problem he/she will redirect you to a Xbox Support Technician. If he/she won't do that, you always can do it manually.

Chatting with a Xbox Support Technician.

Please make sure you select the appropiate options and select the 2nd one: Connect directly with an Xbox support agent to solve your issue quickly.

Please ensure you select the right categorie, so the right person for the job can assist yoiu with your issue. This is FREE SUPPORT.

If you prefer e-mail assistance, you can do this right here. This is also FREE SUPPORT.

To speak with someone of the Xbox Support Team, you can do this by Phone. To get Phone Support, please click here.

Note: This is not a free service, if you call the number, the operator will notify you of the cost of the phone converation, depending in which country you live in.

The last one is Forum Support.

Last thing. You said that you saw people that need to create their own thread. This Forum is based that every user will be helped individual. Even when you have a simaliar problem there are 2 things you can do: 1. Follow the thread and wait till the Forum-User responds either the person that's assisting the user with his problem.

2. Create n new thread, make a specific discription of the problem that you encounter and wait for someone to respond.

Hope I have posted enough information and I do hope that this is usefull information to answser your question.

If you need more, please post back.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Sorry this didn't help.

usually when people click verified answer

that is the answer

if you have to create an new account thats it you need to create an new account

remeber though things do change but it depends on the issue

if you are expecting free repairs no not going to happen

we send you to xbox support for requesting a repair order that is a verified and the only solution

if you are expecting free downloads because you don't live in an xbox live supported country nope international laws say otherwise

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for your issues. What you don't realize is that many of us are just gamers like yourself. We are not paid to answer questions. Many of us are here to answer your questions based on the best advice we have to give you. While I understand your frustration I felt that you need to understand how this system works for the most part. We help the best we can and honestly if an issue is above our help then someone for MS jumps in or the option to call MS directly is always available. Again I am sorry for your frustration but hopefully this sheds a little light on your problem.

Sorry this didn't help.