Use Xbox One Tv with an internal receiver in the television

Hi,

I would like to watch tv with my Xbox One, but I haven't an external receiver. I have an internal receiver in my television.

Can I use the Xbox One Tv function without an external receiver?

Thank you.

Dave

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Unless your TV has a way of outputting its internal receiver's picture, while displaying a different input (from the Xbox One), I don't see how this will be possible. It's a massive oversight for people in the UK who watch freeview via their TV's internal decoder, for example.

If you have a separate recorder, then you could just always feed your picture through that, but then it would always need to be on to watch TV.

Maybe in the future they will release versions that have inbuilt decoders and pvrs etc for each local, but I would imagine that's a way off.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This for sure was not an oversight its ok, I can see how it would appear that way. I am aware that in other countries (especially the UK), the STB (Cable box) is integrated with the TV. A portion of these TV's have an HDMI OUT port. If you loop that HDMI OUT port (if the TV is configured to output the cable box signal) then plug the other side into the HDMI IN port on the Xbox it will likely work (depending of course on the TV and how it loops the cable box). If the TV does not output the STB signal the Xbox One will not work in that capacity. The Xbox One system is a constantly changing environment stay tuned for more information down the line. I know you will like the stuff that is coming! I hope you enjoy the rest of the Xbox One, Game On!

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.