usb title update 1 for grid

hi all

i got a question im trying to complete race driver grid  but for some reason they patched the game and removed 2 cars   so now the gotta drive em all achievement is unnobtainable     whoever there is a way but i dont know if microsoft approves this or not   by using an usb to download title update 1 so that the cars are back so that the achievement is obtainable     but the one thing i want to know is  if you get banned for this or get a warning or something for doing it    or is it ok to do it this way       THNX in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you mean downloading it on the PC and then putting on a USB stick then no that isn't allowed, Microsoft would consider it system tampering.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so that means i can only get it if i have driven the cars before the title update           thats really comforting   this is probally a game that again cant be 100% completed     im starting to hate this kinda idiotic nonsense

Sorry this didn't help.

Are the cars there when you have no title update?

If so then simply clear the cache, which removes title updates, play the game offline until you get the achievement, then you can go back to gaming online with the game again.

That'd let you get the achievement and all with no risk involved. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Afraid not TU1 is the only way to get the achievement as it was glitched before then, I've know 100's of people on Trueachievements.com who've done it (there's even a tutorial on there).

I might add, this is a legitimate way of getting the achievement as there is no possible way to get it in game - and this way still requires you to have raced all the cars!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've no doubt that downloading it from a website and then popping the update on a USB stick works.

However legitimate? That is debatable.

While it is true that you still have to play the game to drive the cars, you still have technically been involved in system tampering. This is because Microsoft do not allow you to download updates to your PC.

It wouldn't even be hard for Microsoft to tell what they consider system tampering has been happening. It is now impossible to get Title Update 1 for Grid from Live, the OP has played the game online since TU2 has been released.

So if he pops an achievements that requires TU1, then it is going to be obvious to them what has happened.

While I understand the pull an unobtainable achievement can have, is it really worth risking Enforcement action on your account to get it.

Sorry this didn't help.

ill see if i need the cars or not   and then decide what i am going to do      achievement hunter for the win  ; )

Sorry this didn't help.

Hopefully you wont need those cars which are tied to the update. Achievement hunting is great until you risk a gamerscore reset.

Sorry this didn't help.