Upload app (recorded clips) no longer recording sound

This started happening about a few weeks ago. Recorded clips no longer have sound... About 3wks ago everything was working fine. I know its not just me since my friend recently purchased an Xbox One a few days ago an his clips do not have sound either. I have a day one edition so this makes me believe a recent sound update wasn't fully tested. 

Any known fixes for this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:
Answer

Hi devGOD,

During the April update preview a number of users started reporting the same condition as well.  It didn't affect all of us but those who it did provided information to Microsoft so their Engineering group can continue to review/determine root cause.  As best I know the update that is being pushed out does not address the issue, someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Some users had success resolving the issue by performing the full shutdown steps (hold power for 8 seconds, unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in) but this didn't resolve all cases.  I haven't seen an update on this so unfortunately the best I can tell you is Microsoft is aware of the issue and have been and still are actively investigating it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.