Upload app "capture not saved" error

Hi everyone!

I've been having persistent issues with the Upload app on Xbox One, and so far I haven't been able to find a solution. I can take screenshots but when I try to save them in the Upload app I get the same error message over and over again. All it says is "Capture(s) not saved. Something went wrong. Please try again later" and it's really frustrating. It's completely vague and unhelpful, and I'm not seeing a solution to this anywhere.

I currently have an Xbox Live Gold membership, and my settings are as follow:
Network: Wired
NAT type: open
Who can see game clips and captures? Everybody
Share game clips and captures to Xbox Live? Allow

I usually have sharing to Xbox Live set to "block" while taking screenshots since I tend to take a lot and hate flooding the activity feed. For the moment I've set it to "allow" to see if that might help, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've had my screencaps sitting in Upload for several weeks now, and I still can't save them. Regardless of if I've taken them a minute or 10 days ago I still get the same error and can't save them. I'd really like to save and share my captures, but nothing I do works. I have saved some in the past and my settings weren't any different than they are now. Waiting around for it doesn't help either, and because of this I've lost a lot of my captures, since the unsaved ones expire after a few weeks. 

I figure there's no solution and this is just another case of "that's just the way it is." I've done hard resets of my console, closed and restarted the app, and logged my profile off and on again, but still nothing. The game in question is Dragon Age: Inquisition, but I've successfully saved captures from this game before so I don't see why it should suddenly stop working. It's currently updating so I can't do any tests at the moment, maybe this update will help?

If anyone else is having these issues and has a solution or some way to fix it please let me know! It's so frustrating, all I want to do is take screenshots of my game and save them. I just don't understand why it won't automatically save the captures; sure I can still take them, but what's the point if I can't save and share them?

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help, hopefully there's a workaround for this or maybe a patch in the works to get this app fixed. It seems to be a common problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 102 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem. With State of Decay YOSE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem with Elite... it's frustrating!!

Sorry this didn't help.

We need a fix for this. IDK why I went and created my own thread. It sure seems to effect a huge amount of players.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to save my screenshots again on my Xbox One just now, and nope still not working. It's disappointing there's no fix for this, especially seeing as quite a few of us are having this problem. No matter what I do I'm still getting that vague "it didn't work. try again" message.

At this rate my unsaved captures will expire and I won't be able to save or share them. The only reason I'm replaying Inquisition is for the screencaps, since they won't save there's no point to play right now. If I take any more captures now they'll likely expire before this problem is fixed, so i guess I'll just wait it out. I wonder if it's a network/server problem on Microsoft's end, or maybe the upload app itself is bugged. Seeing as so many of us are experiencing the same issue, the former must be the case. Let's see if this thread is closed without an answer like the rest on the same topic.

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too I am about to lose a ton of awesome DAI screenshots! Its killing me as most of my really good ones are the ones that won't "save" or "share".

I spent an hour with tech support and they never found a solution. They said they would look into it but I haven't heard back yet.  This is so lame!

Sorry this didn't help.

Can a mod help on this or just keep closing the threads?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's good to hear that someone talked to tech support, at least they're aware of the issue. Checked today and all of my screenshots from a month ago have expired, so they're all gone now. I ended up playing DA:I on a friends PC in order to get screenshots to use since my Xbox wont let me! It's so annoying! I have nice screenshots that I want to share, but because they wont save it's pointless.

Maybe a mod has an idea on what's up, is the issue being looked at by support? This thread will likely be closed without an answer, and then someone will make a new one only to have the same thing happen there. Hopefully this problem with the upload app is fixed someday, but we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not only are my captures not being save (both screenshots and clips), but they are not showing up in my activity feed. Please help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Between Upload not saving screenshots and Upload Studio just plain not working, I've got a very low opinion of the One.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same boat here, though only with Screenshots. They are unable to be saved and therefore stuck on my Xbox for who knows how long.

Sorry this didn't help.