Update woes!

If you have been looking forward to the update i'm afraid you are in for some bad news, it may add pistons and shears but it is by no means an update...

The game now has an unstable frame rate, the colors are washed out compared to the previous build, the lighting is worse, for me the game is now utter trash, which is a shame because i loved this game and put a few hundred hours into building nice worlds but a 10 second 3mb patch has ruined all of it...

Don't shoot the messenger please...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

and the complaining begins......

[quote user="WILK0"]

[/quote]

You're not giving a message, you're giving an opinion. For that, you may be shot. 

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

[quote user="WILK0"]

[/quote]

You're not giving a message, you're giving an opinion. For that, you may be shot. 

[/quote]LOL@Chompski

And to the previous poster, i have been posting on these forums since the original Xbox, you can count on one hand the number of complaints i have made in all those years...
Since the most recent update i have deleted the game , cleared my cache and i still have alot of problems...

At the moment i am using the Archespore seed, and i cannot walk very far without stuttering, if i put any lights down i get a horrible brown hue over eveything, and as for the new textures, well lets just say the sight in my toilet on a sunday moring looks far more appealing...

Please bear in mind these comments come from somebody who loves Minecraft and played it for about 10 hours a day. And as i said earlier, i am not a complainer by nature...

While I haven't experienced the frame rate issues as of this post, I have to say the new textures were a tad disappointing. After building my castle and various structures up from scratch, block by block, carefully picking and choosing where the various resources were to be placed, it was a bit disappointing to see how badly the new textures made things look. At first I got a bit nervous thinking something was wrong with my tv when I saw that washed out muddy hue surrounding the shadows. It wasn't until I studied it more closely that I realized it was an intended look.

It's not a terrible look, but it did through me for a loop when I first saw it. It will take some getting used to as I now have to rearrange the lighting in many locations to account for all the shadows the new lighting is casting in previously "creeper/zombie" safe areas.

hahaha...I've just been playing since about an hour after the update, and honestly, I was loving the look of the new lighting and textures...it looks a lot better in my opinion....and I havn't had any problems with framerate or lag either, even with rapid on/off with 24 pistons simultaneously at dawn or dusk, on multiplayer with people on the other side of the world........so I have no idea what you people are on about, I'm genuinely surprised to see any negativity about it o_O

Honestly the new lighting is very nice. I really like it because it casts an "artistic" hue. It makes me feel really warm when I'm inside! As for the textures, I can't complain again. I like it, because the old cobblestone looked like complete crap. As for the lag, it is quite bad and hoping to see an end to it soon. Overall, it was a neat update.

7/10

The lighting wasn't that great on the pc either when the new lighting was introduced. I'm sure it'll get fixed in a future update, as it did on the pc. The lighting on the console sucks anyways, due to the gamma I believe, so it'll never be as good as it should be.

For the people experiencing a lot of lag, how old is your xbox? I have one of the newer ones and I have yet to experience the lag you're getting.

You know after playing it a bit more I have to say it's not as bad as I initially thought. It's still a bit different, and would have been nice to be able to select between old and new, but it's not that bad. Just different looking. The lighting is indeed warmer which is nice but it does seem to affect the way lights have to be placed now. Has anyone else noticed creepers getting past into areas they shouldn't have been due to the light change? Just curious...

Creepers can enter areas you've lit up, they just can't spawn in them.