Update Version 2.0.15572.0 with Wheels

Xbox Support seems to be trying to bury the issues the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, Fanatec (any version), the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel and the Officially Licensed Wireless Madcatz Wheel are having playing Forza Motorsport 4 after the releases of Xbox Server Update Version 2.0.15572.0 in some regions in preparation for the Dashboard update on June 20.

The situation has been summarized by users here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/8/t/273317.aspx and on the official Forza Motorsport forums hosted by Turn 10:  http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/5494946/ShowThread.aspx  The thread on this forum is noted as "This question has been answered" when in fact the "answer" is erroneous, not helpful and off-base.

Xbox Support is trying to blame a "third party software update" for the issues, when in fact there are three different manufacturers involved, and only one has issued an update to its firmware (Fanatec) for only a limited number of specific models. 

Xbox Support needs to understand in regions where the Xbox Server Update Version 2.0.15572.0 was pushed to subscribers, multiple brands of wheels have been affected.  Users who are still running Xbox Version 2.0.14719.0 DO NOT HAVE THE ISSUES. 

DO NOT is meaning that users of the wheels aforementioned have the normal playing ability with Xbox Version 2.0.14719.0ONLY THOSE USERS who received the pushed Xbox Server Update Version 2.0.15572.0 are the problems.  Brand of wheel or the model number thereof does not matter.  Only those who received the Server Update last week have the issues.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes this certainly seems to be true .. I was the person who started the thread on the Forza Motorsport forums regarding the affect to my wheel directly after installing this latest XBOX live update ..

I use one of the original Microsoft FFB wheels and after installing the update i tried drifting a car as i normally would and the car felt like it was broken .. The force feedback was not operating correctly and the car keep spinning arpound on me .. Ive been playing Forza with the MS wheel since Forza 2 and i know how it should feel ..

With this being my 4th MS wheel and all the fragility and unreliability associated with this particular model of wheel .. Its a real slap in the face that Microsoft never offered any support for this wheel and dropped it like a hot potatoe .. Furthermore after repairing all my wheels countless times with parts from previous broken wheels that an update ,, from microsoft  ,, should have a crippling effect on my wheel and then deny responsibility ..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Correct.  There has been no recent  title update to Forza Motorsport 4.  There has been no firmware update to the Microsoft Wireless Wheel, nor the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel nor the Madcatz Wheel.  There is a recent Fanatec firmware update, but that is for specific models, and does not all the Fanatec versions (non-firmware update) in use which are experiencing the issues since the regionalized releases of Xbox Server Update Version 2.0.15572.0.

It is too easy for an Xbox Support person to dismiss the issues as being a "third-party" problem without investigating.  Personally, my Fanatec (not subject to the firmware update) does not have the issue, but I am not in a region which has yet had the Server Update to Version 2.0.15572.0 either.

Chris H.

Sorry this didn't help.

************If anyone puts this thread as answered then we know MS support knows nothing about licensed wheels. Nor do they know about the affects of the latest update (which has be suspended by the Live crew)******************

Sorry this didn't help.

been having the same problem with my fanatec csr elite since the dashboard update (havent changed the firmware of the wheel either) if i play on my m8 xbox (without the update he has no live) my wheel works fine. this is not third party microsoft this is [MOD EDIT] up so sort it out havent been able to play my xbox in a week!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Fanatec's take on this is interesting to say the least, don't you think Support?

From -  www.911wheel.de - WARNING: Latest Xbox 360 update could cause problems

"Please do not make this update for your Xbox console"

Sorry this didn't help.

Add me to the list of people whose wheel has lost FFB after the update. My wheel is a Fanatec GT2 and for the first 3 1/2 to 4 minutes after turning the wheel on (XBOX is already on) there is little to no FFB, after about 3 1/2 minutes the FFB starts to return. At 4 minutes the FFB is at my setting and the game is normal.

Sorry this didn't help.

I own a CSR Elite wheel and have not had a problem with it until I was required to download the latest Xbox update. After the update my wheel is suffering from loss of FFB and a pulsing sensation of the FFB. I have used the wheel on other games like Dirt 3, Forza 3, and Nascar 11 all with the exact same effect. I am a daily user of the wheel and was also a beta tester of the Elite wheel, so I know what to expect from the wheel. This is a for sure Xbox update issue that is playing naughty with my wheel.

I just wanted to further document the issue here and make sure it is brought to your attention. I also have not used live in anyway because of this issue and will not risk my wheel being wrecked over a slight oversight.

Thank you for your time and I hope this information can help calculate a fix in the very near future.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have no force feed back on my fanatec csr wheel since the latest update.The wheel still works perfectly on an unpatched xbox a fix is needed fast as i only use my xbox and live for forza motorsport .

I thought this wheel was licensed by microsoft ?

Please fix this

Many thanks

Tamski11

Sorry this didn't help.

Wireless Microsoft branded wheel had perfect force feedback till your update to xbox for certain regions. Please fix this issue. I even posted another thread using my other account you as xbox/ moderators completely disregarded the fact that I said it was the xbox wheel as well & you went straight to telling me its fanetecs fault even though it is microsft/ xbox's fault

Heres my other thread: forums.xbox.com/.../273317.aspx

Also thanks you guys for comenting on it as well as I have only just checked back

Sorry this didn't help.

Chalk me up as another GT2 user who has had problems since I received the Xbox update last Tuesday, I have the same symptoms as most other people in that when I first start Forza I have no FFB for around 3 or 4 minutes of playing. The FFB returns and works just as it should over time but it is just not good enough to think that I have paid nearly £400 in total on the setup I have and for Microsoft to just dismiss this as a 3rd party problem.  I have a second Xbox that is not connected to the internet so therefore does not have the latest update and the wheel works perfectly on that box with the FFB working as it should.

Sorry this didn't help.