Update Problems

Ever since I have downloaded the newest xbox live software update I have had problems with xbox live.

I am trying to download updates for Far Cry3 and the walking dead,  and they never download.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Try clearing the cache in the memory settings. If that doesn't work you can try to delete the update and then redownload it. Do that by going into the memory slide and highlighting the harddrive and pressing: X, X, LB, RB, X, X. It should then allow you to delete the update and prompt you to redownload the update once you start back up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

The steps provided in the post above don't seem to work for Xbox 360 consoles on the latest dashboard. Instead, please go to your Xbox 360 Dashboard > Settings > System > Storage > Highlight your storage device > Press Y > Select Clear System Cache > Press Yes.

Please also confirm after doing so that you check each game folder like Far Cry 3 and The Walking Dead by going to Settings > System > Storage > Select your storage device > Games and Apps > Far Cry 3 (do the same for The Walking Dead) > Search for any file that has the words Title Update and press A to delete those files.

Once you've done so, restart your console and then launch any one of these games. You should be prompted for an update and it should go through this time around. Post back if you encounter some sort of issue. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.