Update on COD Elite

Looks like they're getting close to getting it up and ready... and giving players extra time for the days they've lost.

"At launch, our registration and login systems were crushed by gamers trying to enter the Elite site at the same time. We have now fixed the registration and login systems, but we have found that the greater than expected demand is crashing servers. We’re immediately deploying multiple additional servers to beef up the system. We are also going to temporarily limit access to Elite services on both the console applications and website while we build additional capacity and scale. We’ll look to increase access to greater numbers of users as soon as possible."

-

"Also, to ensure that every premium member receives their full money’s worth, we are immediately and automatically extending your membership to Call of Duty Elite by 30 days at no additional cost. If you’re still considering becoming a premium member, we’re going to extend Founder eligibility until the end of the month, and you will also receive the additional 30 days of access."

-

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

COD Elite isn't worth $50.

Don't buy it then.

[quote user="suppafinga"]

COD Elite isn't worth $50.

[/quote]

Good thing its free then, huh?

The question you need to ask yourself is: Am I going to buy the DLC? If you are (I doubt it, based on your trollish attitude) thenPremium Elite is a no brainer. If not, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

Let's hope they get a new *** map designer for the DLC maps. If they don't, then I'll probably regret getting ELITE Premium.

If you bought the Hardened edition like I did, it is well worth it... The year sub comes out to $40, and I'm getting 19 pieces of DL content over the next 9 months... AKA early map packs... I end up buying every map pack any way so this is worth it. If you don't care about DL content, then it probably isn't worth it.

[quote user="A Livid Penguin"]Good thing its free then, huh?

The question you need to ask yourself is: Am I going to buy the DLC? If you are (I doubt it, based on your trollish attitude) thenPremium Elite is a no brainer. If not, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

[/quote]

I think you need to look up the definition of an internet troll. I guess opinions are trolling these days.

Yes I will buy the DLC, but paying $50 for some fancy program that tells me tips when my processor in my head is infinitely better than some AI program is dumb. More power to you though.

[quote user="A Livid Penguin"]Good thing its free then, huh?

[/quote]

I think you need to look up the definition of an internet troll. I guess opinions are trolling these days.

Yes I will buy the DLC, but paying $50 for some fancy program that tells me tips when my processor in my head is infinitely better than some AI program is dumb. More power to you though.

[/quote]You've been trolling every thread I've seen you post on so I don't know what you're talking about.

but paying $50 for some fancy program that tells me tips when my processor in my head is infinitely better than some AI program is dumb. More power to you though.

[/quote]

That's the point I'm making: The fancy AI program is free. As is the stat tracking, the mobile and console apps, the clans, the leaderboards, the heat maps... Very little of COD Elite requires premium... the main draw is the prize competitions and DLC.

does this mean we all get 1year and and extra free 30days access to COD Elite Premium?

[quote user="B1u35h4d0w"]

does this mean we all get 1year and and extra free 30days access to COD Elite Premium?

[/quote]

No, it means all the people that paid the premium fee get extra 30 days. And if you choose to pay the premium fee you too will get that extension, but they're not giving free elite away. If you didn't put anything in, you don't get to take anything out. It's not like you're running out of free elite time.