Update fails to Install/download. Error code 3F4A-0000-3000-0903-8007-0017 Please help!!

So a few weeks ago, I attempted to connect to xbox live to play Halo 4 online for the first time. And popped up the update screen and it started downloading the update, so I went off to do something else. When I came back, the update had finished downloading, but it still asked me to download it again, yet this time with a stupid bloody error code! I thought the live servers were having some temporary shut down, so I thought I'de try again in a few hours, still didn't work! So I started googling up how to fix this, and to this date, I've litterally tried everything. Removing then reinserting hdd, Clearing files on the hdd, downloading the update onto a dvd then installing it (which started to install but had the same problem) and ect. I really don't know what to do now! Please help!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi Justin,

Perhaps there is a corruption in your profile, you could try to download it again and see if that lets you update properly.

-Press the guide (Large X) button

-Select Download Profile

-Enter the Microsoft account associated with your gamertage

-Enter your password

It sounds like you may have already cleared your cache, but try this as well if you haven't already:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.