Update Failed - Can't download the update

When trying to play any game on Xbox Live, it asks me to download an update, but the update fails almost immediately. I get the message

"Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox Live Connection.

If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support

Status Code:

3F4A - 0000 - D080 - 0200 - 8007 - 0570"

I've tested the (wireless) connection, which is working perfectly. I've tried running the console over a wired connection. I've deleted and downloaded my profile, just in case it had been corrupted. I've cleared the cache. None of this makes any difference, and I'm getting REALLY frustrated.

Can anyone please help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Hi, could you try the solutions in the following link please, solution 5 may be the one for you.

-

forums.xbox.com/.../166045.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response. I had already tried to install the update from a CD, but the CD does not auto-run when placed in the Xbox console, and I couldn't see how to get it to start. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Actually, my earlier post isn't quite correct. I have managed to get FIFA13 and Halo4 to play, but Guitar Hero World Tour and Hitman Absolution still fail at this download. Perhaps it's something to do with the sofware manufacturer?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your code seems to be most related to the code at the bottom of the page I'm linking you. It's not exact though, but it's a start: support.xbox.com/.../software-update-errors

Sorry this didn't help.