Unsupported Disc Error MW3

It seems im not the only one having this problem as i see from other member posts... :(
I turned on my xbox this morning and played MW3 with my friend split screen offline with no problems. Later i decided i should renew my xbox live gold membership to play online. I played for a few hours and had no problems at all. We had a break and i turned off the console. When we tried to play about an hour later i got the "Unsupported disc error" and cannot seem to get some games to work at all any more. I thought this was strange and tried cleaning my disc and rotating it etc but had no luck. I then also tried my brand new copy of halo CE anniversary and that gave me the same error. However i tried the discs in my friends console and they worked fine although it once gave him the error on the MW3 disc too. Luckily forza 4 LCE is currently working fine on live. No matter how many times i try MW3 or halo they wont work even though last night and this morning they worked 100% flawlessly. I was not connected to xbox live though so im thinking this is my problem but now they wont even work offline... I have had two xbox's the first of which is currently suffering RROD and no longer works. The xbox im currently using is also old so im wondering if this also could cause the error. I am no longer under warranty and cannot afford fees to fix or replace. I dont believe there is any issues with my xbox as most games work still and ones that dont work still work on my friends console however he got the same error as me until i rotated the disc. He does not have a live connection though if this helps. From research of this problem and as stated in another post in http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2368/t/128486.aspx  i saw there was an update applied recently to do with files on the discs. I have looked into this update and this seems to be the only possible indication off what is causing my errors. Is there way i can reset these files as it may potentially solve my problem? Resetting my cache doesn't seem to do it. I will try rent a different copy of MW3 and see if it works as my discs both have slight scratches around the edge of the disc.

What can i do and is there any easy fix as i cant see that much could change in the period of an hour...

Ive played xbox 360 for years (online and offline) and never had any issues like this at all

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 71 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

All the new game have the same problem. Happened to me with Call of Duty and Goldeneye.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My Xbox is giving me Unsupported Disc on MW3,Exchanged for another and still the same problem,Today i take the game round to my friends and it worked on his Xbox :( What is happening !

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the SAME PROBLEM. Not only is it with MW3 but Batman Arkham City as well, "unsupported disc" error. Microsoft you did it again. Can you just leave things be so we can play our games? Like honestly, if your "silent" updates are going to affect us legit gamers then don't even try! I am so ticked off right now with this darn company, it's making me sick.

Sorry this didn't help.

Man Microsoft really screwed up this time.  I think what makes me the sickest is they still haven't had the guts to even acknowledge that there is a problem and they are working on it.  They are just leading people to believe it's a problem with their disc or something like that to try and throw the blame over on Activision.  By now most people who can use google know that this was a failed attempt at stopping pirates form playing illegal copies of games.  Once again it's the legit customers that suffer when companies go overboard trying to stop piracy.  You're never going to stop it all together.  I'm not saying stop trying, but stop doing *** that's going to ruin it for the legit customers.

I've been with Xbox since the original, I've had this gamertag for like 7 years, but if they don't fix this problem soon they are going to lose a very loyal customer.

Sorry this didn't help.

And if anybody at all recieve news about this whole thing, please let me know. Thank you and god bless

Sorry this didn't help.

Tman,  

Skyrim is affected as well.  I spent three hours last night trying to load it up.  Played fine between launch and last night.  Now all of sudden, my pristine disc won't work in my 2007 white console.  Tried everything you can imagine.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem, I was playing it just fine and then I got back on later and all of a sudden it just said unsupported disc and didn't work. I got the game as a gift and can it still be returned to game stop without the receipt? And does anyone know if Skyrim is going to have the same problem, cause I want to get it, but I might just get it on PC if it wont work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im sorry for the problems that you all are having, theres 3 steps that you can do to try and fix the following issue. 1) Return your copy to the retailer for an exchange 2) Try to game in another console or

3) Visit this site support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-wizard

Sorry this didn't help.

Of firstly cheers RayDawg for clearing that up and for your continued support. I will keep searching for solutions and eagerly anticipate Microsofts replies.

I decided to select that post as the answer as i believe there is not much more to be gained here, although the problem is not solved.

Secondly thanks RebelBengal for your help too. I have been getting more and more worried about being banned and this has helped restore some faith that no unjust measures will be taken.

Sorry this didn't help.

After all this banning, red flagging, and hidden update talk on a console where i pay $50 a year to play online as well as $60 a game. Sony is sounding like a much much better option at this point. And I have been loyal to Xbox since its release.

Sorry this didn't help.