Unrecognized Disc

So after midnight release I got the game and put the multiplayer disc in first right away. On the dashboard where it reads the disc at and it stated unrecognized disc for a brief second and then played so I thought nothing of it. I woke the next day starting up my system and the game wont read saying unrecognized disc. I followed xboxs trouble shoot for status code 03-57-00 and it still didnt work. They told me it was my system however it cant be cause it plays all my other games without any problems for christ sakes I can even play the campaign disc on BF3. So I went to gamestop and got the game replaced and the same thing keeps happening. I was just wondering if there is a solution someone found out or am I screwed and allowed no multiplayer.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Clean the disc...

Clean a new disc?

wtf?

I am afraid your dvd reader is passing.

I know it sounds strange cause it works properly with other discs, but it would not be the first time i have read something like this and it usually ends with a broken reader.

Im having the exact problem.  The campaign disc works fine but can't get the multiplayer to be recognized.  Ive tried a replacement and same thing.  The disc is not dirty or scratched.

Oh, I forgot to add that every other game I have works fine as well as all my dvd's.  ???

Yup it is definitly the dvd drive going out on you.  I had the same thing happen to me a while back.  It acted just as you describe.  Good luck.

@uait I had this problem before when I bought a new xbox 360, slim 250GB. I had to return it because the only game it can read was Fable 3.

most likely DVD drive is dieing, try installing the game, xbox dvd drives are beginning to fail a lot now, installing the game helps prevent a lot of wear and tear. another thing that seems to work for me is, when you press the close tray button, push the tray inward to make sure it locks in place correctly.

to all the people saying to clean the disk.  im tired of hearing that.  there is no way that is the problem.  I am having the same unrecognized disk problem right now.  Everything worked fine until i tried to watch Fast Five on it.  Said unrecognized disk.  But sometimes it will play.  I thought it was the disk.  Then I bought fifa 12 and the same thing happens.  Sometimes it wont play, sometimes it will.  And there is no way my DVD drive is dying because every other game and movie works just fine.  I think its some new type of encryption they are putting on new disks or something.  Thats the only thing that makes sense to me.  Anybody figure anything out about it yet?

I'm encountering this but only when I first start my console and only when Battlefield 3 is in the dvd drive. I open and close the drive and it works perfect until I turn it off an let it set. Have you figured out what wrong yet? I'm thinking about contact EA and asking if they have had other cases like this. I'm hoping it's not my 360 slim because I've only had it for a year and a half.

I have a old style elite and I have this issue too. It started all slow with "open tray" and now just is nothing at all. A friend of mine had the same issue. He bought a new Xbox and it works fine now. I wonder if its like a hardware vs. Software issue. I think my Xbox is 2 1/2 years old.