Unrecognized disc error

I have a brand new copy of Kingdoms of Amular and it always gives me the "Unrecognized Disc" error in my Xbox 250GB Slim.  I went through the whole disc troubleshooting list, i.e. clean disc, clear cache, remove hard drive....no luck.   Every other game I rent or own will work in the same xbox (I've played at least a dozen other games since this problem appeared).  When I put the same Kingdoms disc in my son's 4GB Xbox slim, I can play it fine.  This is definitely not an ideal way to play a game this large with all the loading involved.

I also had this same problem with Rage Disc 2.  At first I thought it might be the disc, so I exchanged it in the store for another copy...same problem.  Put it in my kid's xbox and it works.  Any ideas? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Stormwatch! Have you also tried your Kingdoms of Amular disc in an alternate Xbox 360 console? Are you able to install the game to your hard drive by hovering over the play game option on the Dashboard and then tap Install? This might make your game run and get passed the supposed "Unrecognized Disc" error. With either disc?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Miss Kleo,

I mentioned in my OP that both discs work fine on another console in my house.  When I get the Unrecognized Disc error, I'm unable to install to the HDD since the xbox doesn't give me that option.  My only options are "open tray" and "status code".  I did work around this particular problem by using an alternate xbox, putting the game on a USB and then copying to my HDD from USB.  However, I still can't play launching from the game library because it tells me to put the original disc in the tray...even when the game is in the tray.  The error code I keep getting is 03-57-00.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again! Terribly sorry I didn't catch that in your OP! I'm afraid if you're receiving this error code, and have already tried clearing cache, cleaning your disc and removing your HDD, you'll need a repair. You can schedule one here!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Stormwatch76"]

I have a brand new copy of Kingdoms of Amular and it always gives me the "Unrecognized Disc" error in my Xbox 250GB Slim.  I went through the whole disc troubleshooting list, i.e. clean disc, clear cache, remove hard drive....no luck.   Every other game I rent or own will work in the same xbox (I've played at least a dozen other games since this problem appeared).  When I put the same Kingdoms disc in my son's 4GB Xbox slim, I can play it fine.  This is definitely not an ideal way to play a game this large with all the loading involved.

I also had this same problem with Rage Disc 2.  At first I thought it might be the disc, so I exchanged it in the store for another copy...same problem.  Put it in my kid's xbox and it works.  Any ideas? 

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.