Unreal Engine 4 Demo

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/08/unreal-4-engine-development-demo

Amazing. Unlike the Finial Fantasy real-time tech demo

, theres someone walking you through and explaining the different effects. I've very excited for next gen.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This was posted yesterday in the e3 2012 thread which seems to have been deleted in the last couple of hours.. What the Hell?

I would assume that is because E3 is over and that demo looks insane. I really hope Microsoft and Sony listen to Epic and make their next-gen systems strong enough to handle Unreal 4 because according to Epic both companies next gen system currently cannot.

yea epic claims so far nextbox cannot handle unreal 4, which is basically a death wish if sony can handle it.

Unreal 4 will be the most used game engine most likely.

I saw the demo on youtube. It was okay, nothing suprising.

[quote user="The Resistance"]

The E3 2012 Discussion thread was moved into the E3 2012 sub-forum.

[/quote]Oh Wow, we really needed a whole forum dedicated to E3 with the amount of traffic we get here these days. If a thread was getting knocked off the front page wthin an hour of posting like it used to be I could see why we might need one, but these days it takes a couple of days to get knocked off the front page.

I don't get it, it seems like these days if a thread has a lot of good friendly positive discussion it gets moved to a sub forum as quickly as possible, if it's got some heated disagreement it will sit here forever. Then if it gets really nasty it will get locked/deleted.

It looked good and all, but it wasn't mind blowing or anything. I'm sure it would be in an actual game.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

It looked good and all, but it wasn't mind blowing or anything. I'm sure it would be in an actual game.

[/quote]no, not mind blowing. but watching the demo and listening to the guy talking about the different effects... i just cant help but to think about that in terms of console gaming. more specifically, all those effects that are currently absent in today's console games. i cant help but to think of those lighting and particle effects in games like Skyrim or Bioshock... when i think of that, it certainly is mind-blowing.

Does that mean a new Unreal Tournament game..?? Fingers crossed.. =P

Not good enough for me to care about buying any next generation console.....