Unpurchased DLC counting towards 'Completed' Games

My OCD is really kicking in.  I remember in the past when games had DLC, but my system only showed 1000 available points until I actually purchased and downloaded the additional game content.  I really liked that feature.  This has been bothering me for years.  Either make DLC count ONLY when it has been purchased or make it its own 'game' in the list.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree it should only show up on your achievement list if you download it.

Unfortunately its just another one of their ways to get you to buy the DLC,it won`t change.

I know it is not easy but not caring works.

This does need to be addressed IMO.    Spending time trying to earn an achievement you can only get through DLC is a shame.      Indeed you can research the achievement to see what's required but,  for example forza horizon,  dlc is required to get the last piece in some cases.   I don't want to spend another 20 dollars to earn things the game says I'm eligible for already.   Pay to Win is a bad.

This is where trophies work way better then acheivos, I have a few Platinums after %75 complete. I feel less incentive to go for 1000gs on any title as there's little to show for it apart from a whole number. MS was Ahead of Sony with this Idea but they haven't changed a thing apart from Random acheivements. And of course they are completely shameless about encouraging people to buy the DLC ;)

It's such a minuscule problem, I'd rather have them focus on their efforts on something of meaning, like maybe having a thumb war in the office.

Why don't you just download the DLC and complete the game?  Seems like a sure-fire way to "fix" your problem.

Your system was showing it as 1000/1000, because you hadn't played/updated the game after the DLC came out.  Your xbox.com profile would've showed the game as incomplete though.  This has always been the case.

'Pay to Win is a bad'.

This is not 'pay to win', this is 'pay if you're vulnerable to our smallest attempts to get your money'. Don't confuse the two because one is a problem and one is a character flaw.

It's probably their plan to set it like that so completionists have to buy and complete it to feed their disorder. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned any feelings towards your GS having a 7 at the end and not the normal 0 or 5.

I get the marketing aspect of it and honestly, I see the greed there from xbox so I'm not holding my breath.  Mostly just venting.  I recently played Mafia 2 and no spoilers just was really nonplussed at how it ended and have no interest in the DLC whatsoever.  Hate that I technically completed the game but noooooo you missed some come back!!

I know I'm not going to go back to all the games that ever had DLC ever and get my perfect round number.  Hell there are even games I would not even reach the 50% portion due to how many are pointless grinds online: "get your vid/image to be number 1 for a day" - yeah no thanks.

I came back to xbox after a very long hiatus (affair) with my playstation and steam.  I was pulled in by some really cheap/free games but I think the appeal is wearing off again.  :/

Thanks for the comments guys.

It will be complete on ur XBOX. Until you recover ur profile, compar with someone or come to XBOX.com.