Unmentioned Additions in the patch/DLC?

Anyone notice any unmentioned add-on's from the recent patch, or Dawnguard? Lydia for instance, in a cave earlier, kept saying, "This would be a good place for bandits to hide out. Or something worse." among other little things that she didn't say before. I also know that Serana has a mind of her own, mining ore in caves, using alchemy labs, and sitting on benches while you talk to people. I know she was designed that way, and I'm just curious, did they allow other followers to do this too? Or only her?

I also noticed towns people acting a little different when things happen, such as a dragon attacking. I've heard some comments once it dies that I haven't heard before. Unfortunately I downloaded 1.6 and Dawnguard in the same day, so I can't say if one thing effected my game, or not.

Anyone notice any other little things that are different, but weren't mentioned anywhere?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've noticed the dragons seem to move more... Um... I don't even know how to word this, but they don't seem to flap and flutter as much, it's like watching a ballet. They seem so much more graceful in movement... But they seem to crash more. I shot a dragon right between the legs, and flew out of control and crashed.

Ahh ok thank's, well it's only happened once for now. A strange moment :)

That happened pre-patch/DLC, though rarely. I've only been asked once if someone could take something I dropped. Oddly enough, it was an Inn Keeper who could be one shotted by a mouse...They may have just upped the frequency of this happening.

My first observations were dragon battles seem a bit tougher and npc's looting bodies id killed. At the College of Winterhold I dropped a circlet on the floor and one of the mage's ran up to me to ask if he could take it.:D

Yeah. She also strikes the "captain morgan" pose sometimes when she's standing on stairs, with one leg a step higher then the other.

Yeah I noticed serana actually moves her arms around when talking instead of just standing there

To late to edit, and so double post. I just checked my old followers inventory via sneaking behind her, and all the items I dropped on the ground and had her pick up, are labeled as red, and will be stolen if I take them back from her.

What weight limit are you talking about?Obviously there's the regular weight limit, but is there a secondary one? As far as I knew, once they hit their 'limit' if you dropped stuff and told them to pick it up, they could surpass the weight limit and carry anything you gave them. I never heard about this having a weight limit its self, or being fixed in the patch/DLC.

I'm not sure about the stolen stuff, the follower I had before Serana had a full Ebony armor set, a Deadric Battleaxe I made for her (Legendary) and a bunch of stuff to carry. During the vamp quest line in Dawnguard, I got Serana as a follower on a quest, so she auto-replaced my old follower. I later went home, and found that my old follower was back in her usual steel armor set from when I first got her, though she did have my battleaxe equipped still. I'm really liking Serana and haven't switched back to her, so I don't even know if she still has all my stuff or not. She might not even have her own armor set anymore.

Well I don't have the Dawnguard yet. I'm thinking they did spend some time on followers though. They may have "Fixed" some of that dialogue. I read they were supposed to fix the tracking for them but I'm not buying that. They do say things a bit differently and now they have a weight limit of sorts. Also I'm thinking if we let them pick stuff up? that stuff then gets a stolen tag when we take it back. I've been getting a lot of random stolen tags from stored weapons and other things. I think it's coming from my followers.

Makes sense. Anything useful/fun? (Can't say I'm complaining about followers having an increased vocabulary though!)