Unlimited Flares/Mortars.. Really?!?

Let me first start by saying i love the support class, Mostly for the LMG's and C4's that encourages alot of good surpressive fire and well, being an assist player. I've played in this manor since Halo2, BF2, and even BC2 as the MEDIC.<br><br>

Now heres the problem, I've been playing some games lately(Conquest and also rush) that have people filled in the back of the map spamming mortars. Now this brings the question, if we don't have unlimited claymores or c4, then why do we have mortars with unlimited ammunition that enables players to sit in their spawn shooting for the whole game. I just got out of a match on Tehran highway with 6(yes, 6) people on the other team shooting mortars onto B. Of course this can be solved by finding them, but sitting in the default deployment and doing this.. Cmon.<br><br>

And let me bring up another frustration ive been having lately, the flares. flares are not usually a problem, But seriously.. unlimited flares as well? i can understand the unlimited ammunition but the flares really **** me off. Nothing like my whole team trying to take down a jet and fail because it shoots flares out every 5 seconds. Maybe make a longer delay or something.<br><br>

I really enjoy playing BF3, but these are some things that seriously frustrate me.<br><br>

Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yeah the mortar launcher should have some kind of either distance it can shoot forcing people to move out of the spawn or something

a stinger loads much faster then the flares.. I have no issues with shooting one down.. Now i have to admit i only equipped a stinger 3 times, cus i like destroying tanks better..

Everybody has OMA with ammo and health anyways.

If there is someone in their spawn using the mortar then switch to the mortar and hit them back. There is a limited distance so you have to get somewhat close. I've already taken out a few people doing this and they stopped doing it shortly after. I'd love to come across half a team setting off mortars in their spawn. Would make for a great multi-kill.

yes, mortars are shown on the minimap, as soon as you unlocked it, its easy to get rid of it.

wHAT CLASS HAS MORTARS? caps lock FTW!

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

[/quote]

support class.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Kits_(Unlocks)

I was quite looking forward to getting my mortar because like you op I like to play as a suppport gunner, but when I finally unlocked it and gave it a go I was quite dissapointed. I would rather they had made it more powerful with limited ammo. You really need a good team to make it effective by spotting loads. Maybe it will become more effective once we know the favourite wookie spots.

Next looking forward to the supr specialization so I can blind some enemy with some suppressionfire :)

TY, awtacular.

[quote user="awtacular"]

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

[/quote]

support class.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Kits_(Unlocks)

[/quote]

i just noticed the stupid link doesn't work if u click on it... copy and paste it and it should go to the right page.