Unauthorized Microsoft point purchase

I received an e-mail this morning, informing me that I bought 3 Microsoft bundles for 4000, 1600 and 800 points. No one was home at the time and I really can't remember when I last logged in to my account on the computer. In the mean while I have changed my password and username to sign in to my account.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you think that your account has been compromised you will need to call Support support.xbox.com/.../call-us.aspx and get them to open an Unauthorised Access case.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was in the processing of moving into a new home on Aug 15th. I had my consoles boxed up for about a week and had not been on my xbox for a few month. I received two emails on the night of Aug 15th confirming my purchase of 4000 point and 6000 microsoft points. Seeing that my console was still boxed and I didn't have internet set up yet; I knew it wasn't me. I immediately called care in opened up a case. I was also given the 20-30 day timeframe. Fortunately I was immediately refunded for the 6000 point purchase, because it triggered their automatic fraud system, but the 4000 point      purchase still was allowed by xbox. I wanted for about 2 weeks and then received an email from xbox congratulating me on the fact that they found no proof of my account being tampered with, so they would not be refunding me the remainder of my money. I have been on the phone with customer care ever since trying to get them to re-investigate, because I know it wasn't me who made the purchases. I have basically been told that I'm basically out of luck and that if the thief got a hold of my profile and then made the purchases from a computer instead of from his console then there is no way for xbox to track it so I'm just out of luck. I'm very disappointed with this situation and how it has been handled. I use to be a huge fan of xbox but they have been continually ripping me off and causing me to lose money. I am a multi-console household, and at this point Xbox is about to lose a customer completely to Sony. And I was really looking forward to playing Modern Warfare 3 on my Xbox. It was fun while it lasted xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.