Unable to use balance on Microsoft account to make purchase

I am not able to select my Microsoft account balance (I have $20) to make the transaction. The only options allowed to me are to add a card/Paypal. After I added one, I still could not switch the payment option. I can't switch to my balance at all with any game purchase attempt.

Here is a screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6040452/Public%20Images/nomsp.png

I am able to make purchases with Paypal (just purchased Tales of Vesperia). I want to use my balance though, as it expires in 2015. Never had a problem before back when MSP was still around.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Hi there,

If you try to make the purchases via the console, you should see the MSA as a valid payment option.

The website has not yet been updated since the transition to be compatible with the currency in the MSA. For now, it only works with PayPal and credit cards.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank  you, Maxen. I wasn't aware that the website has not been updated to use the account balance yet. The option to purchase with account balance showed up when I attempted to purchase via the console.  

I'm one of the few people left with an old Xbox 360 that doesn't have wireless (never bought the receiver). I usually avoid moving my Xbox upstairs where our router is unless I want to download several games, want to update the system, etc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.