Unable to upgrade to Gold membership.

I have been trying to buy Xbox live today,  and whatever i try doesn't seem to work.

I get the message, "This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support.", but no actual error  code.

I've tried using a credit card , and paypal, neither work, I have also tried buying it from the website and from the xbox dashboard and it doesn't make a difference.

I also tried getting the $2 for 2 months deal on the dashboard of the xbox, and it didn't allow me to do that either.

I went the the Microsoft billing website, and I've checked all of the information and its all there,  i removed and re-added the information a few times just to make sure that it was all correct.

Not really sure anymore information i could give to help resolve this issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello xmetacorx,  sorry to hear about your issue purchasing a gold subscription.

Wish there was a way to force a payment method to work but unfortuantely it is not the case.

Be sure that every little detail entered in on your gamertag matches exactly with what is on file at the bank.

Check your billing on your gamertag to be sure that there are no outstanding charges.

And look over your bank terms of use for re occuring charges to see if it is blocked as default protection purposes.  Unblock at the bank side if it is blocked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.