Unable to stream music from marketplace (but able to download and listen to it once downloaded)

Since this morning I'm not able to stream anymore music from the marketplace. If I try to play from my windows phone I got an error telling me that is not possible to reproduce the item, from my pc I obtain a more detailed error, the code is C00D11D2, and the error is "Can't access the file. It might be in use, you might not be able to access the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might be incorrect".

I can download the album, and once downloaded I'm able to play it, but I'm not able to stream it without downloading. It happens in my phone, on my primary compouter and on laptop. 

Any clue?

Gian Maria.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm having the same problem.  Noticed it on 1/14/2013.   I could stream music from Zune Marketplace yesterday on both the Zune HD device and on the Zune PC software.  If I download music from Marketplace and then play it, it still works.  I'm wondering if the direct streaming from Zune Pass is going away - as part of the general migration to Xbox Music?   I thought streaming would still work on Zune devices and software after the transition?

Regards, --Michael Bishop  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

me too.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here - I'm (somewhat) relieved that it appears to be a problem with the service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.  Worked yesterday now get this error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ditto. Using the Zune software to stream to Windows 8, version 4.8.2345.0. Worked fine yesterday.

Sorry this didn't help.

Apparently I don't have permission to edit my own post, so sorry for the double. Here's the full error text:

CAN'T PLAY

Can't access the  file. It might be in use, you might not be able to access the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might be incorrect.

To see if there's more information about this error, click Web Help.

ERROR CODE

C00D11D2 (80070005)

Can still play things locally, but anything streamed breaks with this error.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. The same has happened to me I'm using Windows 7 O.S and have Windows 7 phone and the Zune software.  I've looked into why this is happening and it is because zune is now xbox music and unless you have a Windows 8 Pc or Windows 8 Phone you can not download the software for xbox music player. Zune software still works but with less functunality I.E unable to preview song before purchasing/streaming. I think this is totally unfair to people who still use Windows 7 and have a Windows 7 phones. Sort it out Microsoft. I feel like im being forced into ugrading to Windows 8 here.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are right, I'm curious if when my windows phone will update to 7.8 it can use the new functionality or it is only available on windows phone 8.

Ricci Gian Maria.

Sorry this didn't help.

In an e-mail Microsoft sent out on 8/29/2012 concerning upcoming changes to the Zune Music service, they said (check the last paragraph):

"Dear xxxx:

As we prepare for the exciting launch of Xbox Music later this fall, we want to make you aware of some pending changes to the Zune Music service that will be made on August 31st.

Specifically, the following features will no longer be available:

•Sending and receiving messages, inviting friends, sharing the songs, playlists, and albums you are listening to, and viewing past play history

•Mixview playback and channel playlists

•Apps for Zune HD

•Purchasing music videos or streaming them as a part of Zune Music Pass from the Zune PC software

•Re-downloading, re-activating, or re-licensing previously purchased music videos if / when you upgrade your PC

These changes will NOT affect music streaming or downloading as part of Zune Music Pass, impact songs that you have purchased from Zune Marketplace, or change your ability to stream music videos on Xbox 360."

So it appears that we should be able to continue streaming music to our Zune devices and the Zune software.   So what gives, Microsoft?

Regards,

Michael Bishop

Sorry this didn't help.

Same for me although my error from windows phone 7 is:  "We're having trouble playing this right now. Try again in a little while."  I noticed this error starting yesterday 1/14 and is still impacting me today 1/15.

Sorry this didn't help.