Unable to spend MS Points to download any DLC or Video Content

This is regarding my primary account/gamertag: Flynn T

------------

I've been having the same issue for about 11 days now (On my primary account, Flynn T). My case was escalated to tier 3 support roughly 10 days ago. I've been on the phone with support for billing, networking, and basic customer support teams about 2-3 times each, and I've been on various chat support (Zone and Xbox) roughly 5 times following up/trying hair-brained troubleshooting tips.

-------------

To forums support, I want to stress to you that I ALREADY HAVE THE MS POINTS. I purchased the points with my credit card, my card was billed, and I received the appropriate number of MS Points. Originally I was trying to purchase a season pass of something. I have 3,710 MS points. My nightly test is to try and purchase a 80 MS Point Borderlands 2 skin.

--------------

This is obviously not a credit card related issue. It wouldn't matter if there was no credit card on file, because you don't need a credit card to use MS Points. Either way, my credit card was successfully billed. You already have my money.

---------------

As I said, I've been in touch with customer service either by phone, through chat, email, or all three every day since this has happened. Below is a full List of Wacky steps we have tried:

----------------

-Resolving a NAT error

-Unseating/reseating Hard Drive

-Clearing system cache

-Deleting various Cache items (Including marketplace data and 3 others)

-updating payment info

-removing old payment info

-power-cycling my modem AND router

-verifying all address and security information exists and is correct

-deleting and re-downloading my profile.

----------------

For most of these, phone support had me clear my cache 3 times in between each attempt, and at times I've repeated steps (Like deleting/redownloading my profile) 3 or 4 times because "Maybe something else you did fixed it so now old steps will work." My xbox-live active profile ( Flynn T ) has been looked at by about 15 different sets of eyes, and all of them tell me they can't see anything wrong with it or any bans or violations.

-----------------

This issue occurs for me on Xbox.com (Via Internet Explorer), Xbox Live (Via the X360 hardware), and in the Zune Player software (On PC). I'll list the error code numbers below.

------------------

Errors for game or profile related content (On Console):

Errors for renting/buying video content (On Console):

C101A007

--------------------

My issue began on 2/07/2013. I was able to successfully purchase content using MS Points 2 days earlier (2/05/13) without a problem. Given that this is happening to many people in the same span of time, I don't think it would be crazy to say that something RECENTLY occurred that is affecting certain accounts.

--------------------

Any new information on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--------------------

If your first instinct is to tell me to update my billing information, please stop yourself and re-read this post. I don't mean this to be rude, but I've been told that a lot. I've done it. It's done. Forever.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Wow, and the minute I posted this, it's already fixed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, I thought this issue was fixed, but it isn't. Still can't spend MS Points on DLC- Only video works.

Sorry this didn't help.

7 Days without a single suggestion, eh? Well, these are happy times none-the-less.

ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED MS POINTS USING ZUNE SOFTWARE

I have been waiting for anyone who knew what was up with this for about 20 days now, and tonight I had my questions answered. The original issue: Not being able to spend points at all, was resolved as of 2/19/13 for my account. The remaining issue: Not being able to spend points on games/DLC, is a question answered below.

MS Points: Zune (MS Points purchased via Zune software) ARE NOT THE SAME MICROSOFT POINTS as the ones you buy via your xbox, xbox.com, or other xbox related outlets. Regardless of the fact that the software tells you explicitly that your MS Points: Zune can be shared across marketplaces, and regardless of the fact that these points share the same pool of "MS Points", and regardless of the fact that we users have no way of knowing which points we own until we encounter this problem: These are different sets of points.

The Billing support representative I spoke with tonight confirmed for me that this is an issue that is being worked on, and that hopefully the points will be merged at a time yet unknown. Microsoft is aware of it and is working toward a resolution. The points are not worthless, so it's good news!

Also, if you're like me and you have been suffering with this unresolvable issue (in my case, 20 days with clueless customer support), you now have your answer. If you're anything like me, you're suppressing a happy-dance.

I hope this helps some of you. If it helps even a single person to avoid what I went through, it's all been worth it!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problem now. Whatever happened with your case?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Crapatron! It sounds like this is something that is already being looked into.

To make sure we can keep track of each of you, can I have you create your own thread in this forum detailing what you're experiencing along with any steps you've tried? This will allow us to work with you one on one. Thanks! :)

@Flynn T2, I'm sorry we didn't get a post to you sooner! Definitely keep us updated with that investigation. We'd be happy to help out anywhere we can!

Sorry this didn't help.

My problem was fixed today. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like I am having the same issue. Tried all steps identified above and tech support  has escalated the issue... But it has been two weeks with no resolution. What did you have to tell tech support to get them to to look into the Zune point vs ms points issue?

Sorry this didn't help.