Unable to Redownload previously purchased games

Unfortunately, I only have a 20gb hard drive, so in order to download new games I want, I need to delete previously downloaded games to make room. I delete them confident in the knowledge that I'll be able to download them again without an additional cost at a later date, since I've already paid for the game. However, after having deleted quite a few games to make room for a few newer, larger games (thanks to the Free with Gold deals) it's no longer allowing me to redownload the games I've previously purchased. It's charging me the full price of the game again.

Needless to say, I don't want to pay for a game I've already spent money on. In the past, I've always been able to redownload games I've deleted. Why has that changed? What can I do to get my games back? I've deleted seven games, and all I really want is to redownload one of them right now, but it's still charging me for the download again. What's going on?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

hi you should be able to go into the download history and redownload it you will find it in accounts on your xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for it. Download History only shows a small list of my most recent downloads, and only one of my deleted games appear on the list. The other six are nowhere to be found.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just bumping this up once before I get to bed, since this topic is pretty important, given the fact that I can't redownload anything I've already purchased

Sorry this didn't help.

We're these games purchased on another profile maybe. All your previous downloads should be listed when you look in the profile download history not just a few.

-

Try signing into https://commerce.microsoft.com and check the transactions on the account, if those particular games don't show as purchased there then odds are it was either another profile that purchased the games or there's something funky going on with your account in which case you'd need to contact xbox support.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've checked there as you suggested, and again, only one game I've deleted shows up on the list. I'm absolutely positive that I didn't purchase them on a different account since this is the only account I own. This is really odd.

Unfortunately, I can't stay awake anymore. Thank you for the response, though. I appreciate the help even if I still don't know the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mrs Passport,

Sorry to hear this is happening. Do you have any other accounts on your console that you have used before that may have purchased these games? If so, be sure to check through the download history for those accounts as well to see if those games happen to be listed there. Is it possible a friend may have installed these games to your console from their purchase history as well? Let us know. We want to help get this one figured out.

Sorry this didn't help.