Unable to read Multiplayer Disc

Just got the game today brand new, Can play Disc 2 perfectly fine but when I go to play multiplayer then insert Disc 1 the loading screen comes up an my whole xbox freezes. If I try to just run straight from Disc 1 I get the disc is unreadable error. Anyone else experiencing this? Really starting to pee me off.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

try installing the disk to the hard drive, and play from the disk. it is an extra step, and a little bit of a hassle, but the disk might work that way.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same issue with Disc 1.  It appeared perfect, but when I took it out and moved it around so the light hit it at different angles, I could see it wasn't.  I cleaned it and it has worked fine.  It appeared to be some residue from manufacturing or something on the disc.  Wipe it off with a soft cloth and try it again. Hope that works for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem as xTYxGUYx73x, just lightly wipe the disc with a soft (preferably microfibre or a glasses) cloth and try again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Had the same problem installed to HD took care of It.

Sorry this didn't help.

So here's my version of this problem. Pre-ordered BF3, picked it up, put in the disc, installed and redeemed all codes and content hassle free, played for about 15hrs in two days and then this morning go to turn on my X-Box and suddenly THE DISC WON'T READ! I have tried everything; cleared system cache, removed hard drive and all extraneous devices, restarted the console multiple times with the same problem, tried other games. So my conclusion is that at the most inopportune time my disc drive has failed totally. This is a problem of epic proportions fortunately for Microsoft I'm fairly recently out of warranty. Any suggestions of good repair places in Brisbane Australia all I can find is repairs from $80 to $100. Please help.

Sorry this didn't help.