Unable to Read Disc - it still reads the disc

Hello, I've recently encountered an issue with my xbox and was wondering if anyone knows how to solve the issue. Basically, when I put in MW3 I can go in the game for about a minute then the xbox prompts a window saying the disc cannot be read, but it's reading as I am in a game lobby. I've cleaned the disc (there appears to be very little bu harmless scratches) and I've also restarted the console about 5 times. Anyone know how the issue can be fixed?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Even "harmless" scratches can effect the way a game plays. I would suggest trying to install the game to your hard drive or contacting Activision for a replacement disk.

support.activision.com/.../Damaged-Disc

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you get the error message stating that the disk is unreadable, it means that scratches on the disk are preventing the xbox to read the disk correctly.

If it is only 'small scratches', it is not much to worry about. Simply wipe the disk with a damp cloth, dry with a soft cloth,(When you wipe the disk, do not wipe in a circular motion as this can damage this disk, rub it in a vertical motion and make your way around the whole of the disk) and place back in your xbox. This seems to work with me, however if you have a circular scratch that goes around the whole of your disk, it is harder to fix, and so you should see your local gaming store to clean the disk at a cheap cost.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your getting this issue only in Modern Warfare 3 and none of your other discs then that means it is for sure this specific game disc that is messed up. You will need to follow bowski477's instructions to contact Activision and get your disc replaced, it won't cost the same as a new disc but it will cost you something. It requires you to send your damaged disc to them and they will send you a new one back.

Direct link here. You need to fill out the form and then follow the instructions given.

Sorry this didn't help.

No scratch is harmless try installing yours or better yet a friends disc to the hard drive

If your friends disc is in better condition ask if you can install it

Or contact Activision for a replacement disc  the URL is:

support.activision.com/.../Damaged-Disc

Sorry this didn't help.

The website appears to not be working correctly. It states I need to put in a game for it, but there is not box for doing so. Also, if I use the box below it, it just loops back to the beginning. And after re-looking at my disc, it does appear that it has a large circular scratch :/

Looks like I'll have to download from someone

Sorry this didn't help.