Unable to purchase Microsoft Points

I am now having an issue purchasing Microsoft points for my account. When selecting "Add Points", I am told to enter a code that has been sent to my previous email, "[mod removed]. However, I can no longer use this email account and I was certain that I had changed my email to "[mod removed]". However, this has not been verified, and since I can't get to my old email account, It is impossible for me to verify this as my new email address and buy points.

This is beyond frustrating as I wish to buy some points. If i could get support on how to solve this issue that would be great.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Are you able to attempt purchasing your points through the Xbox 360, for a quick workaround?

Since the code is being sent to an inactive e-mail address, you'll have to get help with your security proofs:

[quote]

What if one of my proofs is wrong?

1. Go to Manage your security info and sign in using your Microsoft account.
  2. Select Delete next to the proof you need to delete from your account.
  3. Follow the instructions to confirm the deletion using one of your existing proofs.

Note If you have only one proof on your Microsoft account and you want to remove it, you may need to use that proof to validate its own removal. (For example, to remove an email address that is your only proof on your account, you may need to respond to an email message sent to that same address.)

I can’t access any of my proofs

If all of your security proofs (phone numbers, emails, trusted PCs) are outdated or wrong, you can request to have all the proofs removed from your account and enter new proofs. Follow these steps to reset all the security proofs for your Microsoft account:

1. Go to Remove all security info and sign in with your Microsoft account.
  2. Click Remove all.
  3. Enter new, valid proofs. These proofs will automatically be added to your account once the old proofs are removed.

[/quote] 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.