Unable to purchase game... Need to escalate this issue.

Dear,

I have purchased my console on UK(PAL) since i travel too much.

I have purchased a lot of games and still keep purchasing. but my first issue start to happens when playing Final Fantasy.

I purchased a lot of DLC content, but was not able to use, since the DLC content is downloaded according to my Xbox Live Account Region (NTSC) since i live on Brazil.

I have contacted the Microsoft Support and they advise me to change my account Region. and i migrated my account to UK.

Okay, i have lost all the DLC i have purchased.. but is okay to buy again since i was expecting this.

Now the second headache was to use my Credit Card, it don`t me allow to use my Billing Address from Brazil. Okay.. this one is easy just to purchase Microsoft Points.

But now i purchased the Microsoft POint and Can`t buy ANY GAME from the MarketPlace, and contacting the Support Services they told me that i cant buy because i am not physically on UK, and suggested to migrate back to Brazil ?!?!?!?!?!  this can`t be serious... so i will need to keep losing my DLC and purchasing again ? and if i migrate back i cant use my DLC.

I am just a guy that want to spend money to have fun with my videogame... what is the problem with that ? so i have to choose between PLAY THE DLC CONTENT or PURCHASE GAME ON MARKETPLACE ?????

This is the final answer ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

what ever your region was when you signed up for xbox live that's the only region where you could buy items such as Microsoft points for example if my country was US and I bought Microsoft points from Canada it wouldn't work because the Microsoft points don't match my region when I signed up if I change my region on my settings on the xbox that would have no effect it would only change the location said on your profile. now buying games also the same you can only buy games from the region that you selected when you first signed up certain games and dlc are listed it specific regions the best bet is buying codes with dlc on them sold at gaming related stores new released dlc are normally sold as a code here in the US but again only codes in the region you signed up in is the only region you can buy codes from.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

generally you don't migrate to a region you do not actually live in

nor do you purchase games or consoles out of region

if you buy games out of region they MUST be region free

region changes wont help you unless you actually live in that region

region migrations are one time only

due to international laws on copyright and distibution region locks are enforced

your only option now is to

A create a new account for your actual region

B purchase UK ms points fronm a shop in UK

creating a new account will not help with disks for your actual region if they are region locked

remigrating your account wont solve your issue as your account would only have dlc available in your new region

a brazilian creditcard will not work on a UK account

use uk account for pal content and use your brazil for your ntsc and gameplay

Sorry this didn't help.

So i still have a problem... how it can be solved ?

1-) Migrate my account back to Brazil (I don`t know if i will lose my Microsoft Points but i will lose again my DLC ?!?), and not be able to play DLC content for a variety of game ( MY CONSOLE IS PAL and the ACCOUNT Region is NTSC).

2-) Stay with a UK Region and not be able to SPEND my microsoft points by purchasing a new game ? or even spend my own cash to purchase at marketplace ?

I already lost some DLC content on the first Migration because was the only option suggested by the Microsoft Support Services in order to be able to play my DLC, but now the marketplace is USELESS.

Come on... why restrict the region to BUY ? why i need to be physically on UK ? ... other "3rd Party" Console allow it without any problem.

What can i do ?

Luiz Mello - MCITP

Sorry this didn't help.

Your still going to have the issue with pal games

Your best bet is to buy prepaid cards and region free games

Or sell the console and buy the correct one for your region

Because of international laws this is enforced

Region locked content cannot be downloaded outside the region of the account

You generally dont buy an out of region console or dvd player

And if you will always face this problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Pal and ntsc are rwo completely different tv signals and differents laws goveren both

You can however buy region free games and have a brazilian account but id avoid cod games as they require the language to be the same to

Sorry this didn't help.

My issue is not about TV Signal, and i have a lot of PAL games, since i travel too much to UAE and UK.

The main problem is sometimes i want to buy some games online and this will only let me if i am physically on UK, and if i Migrate back i will be unable to Play DLC Content.

=/ too bad

Luiz Mello - MCITP

Sorry this didn't help.

You are still going to have an issue because ntsc dlc doesnt work with pal region locked disks

Next time purchase the correct console for your actual regoion

Sorry this didn't help.