Unable to Purchase from Xbox Video on Console, Xbox Marketplace on Xbox.com or through Zune.

Unable to Purchase from Xbox Video on Console, Xbox Marketplace on Xbox.com or through Zune.

I was able to buy Microsoft Points, but cannot buy any of the videos I want with those Microsoft Points.

Xbox Video on Console:

C101A007

Xbox Market place online marketplace.xbox.com:

Sorry Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

Zune on Windows 7:

An error occurred. Please try again later.

I was able to purchase less than a month ago 1/27/13 but since 2/10/13 I can't. After 2 hours of chatting with support and 5 different agents I have decided to post here.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey dosdragos! Sorry to hear you're having trouble here, let's see what we can do for you! First, so we don't ask you to repeat any steps, would you tell us what steps you've already tried? Has phone support said they are going to contact you back? If you've been escalated, you're on the right track as certain billing issues can only be handled by phone support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an escalated request in progress. Seems that this is a prevalent problem so I will follow up when solved for future users with same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you checked all the info, payment acct + other is current, at http://commerce.microsoft.com ?

If so, suggest you contact a Billing Agent. You can choose Option 1 after finding your country's support line: See http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers ...

but a faster way to speak to a Billing Agent is to go to http://xbox.com - sign in there if you can - then go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:5

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you waited in queue on hold

Sorry this didn't help.

Vibroplex, telling me to call support is not an answer.

If you read my post at all. I clearly stated that I had no problem buying Microsoft Points with my the credit card on my account. I have already been billed and hit on my credit card.

I want to buy content with those Microsoft points, I have more than enough. One does not need to have any payment set up to use Microsoft points already on the account.

Please do not bandwagon on posts to give "help". Having a support representative say, "Hey, contact actual support." Is really redundant.

After being a member of Xbox Live reaching 10 years I would prefer to be treated with a little respect. Do you even have Xbox Live?

It's harder to keep records of phone conversations, chats not so much. I keep a record, currently I've been lied to that I can have a support representative manually add content to my account and deduct the Microsoft Points. Also Yesterday morning I was promised that this issue with buying content would be resolved in no more than 24 hours. 24 hours later, I was told when I asked that my issue was just started to be looked into.

Other users are having difficulty with this same issue as seen here at the bottom:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/zune/forum/music-pc/cannot-purchase-anything-on-zune/fea59657-1a9a-45c9-a8ba-9622235712f9

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not an answer to your problem, but I am have the EXACT same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem. I tried buying some songs for Rock Band 3 yesterday (Tue Feb 12, 2013) . It would not make the purchase (in that my points were never subtracted), but would start trying to download the song. The songs then would reach 100% download, but then state that the song couldn't be downloaded.

So,today, I tried buying them through the xbox.com and would get "Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

Nothing seems wrong with my billing history and I have plenty of points.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey folks,

You may have already done this, but if not, please run through the steps in the Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE and Zune purchase problems article. 

Keep us posted!

Sorry this didn't help.

There shouldnt be an issue because I am trying to use already purchased Microsoft Points.My account says I have 665 MSP and I am trying to buy a tv espisode for 160 MSP. You keep sending us to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE and Zune purchase problems and there is nothing there that helps solve the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

A support rep responded this to my recent request for an update on my escalated service request yesterday:

This error code you are getting is within the registry of the account that needs to be refreshed from the server by our Advocacy Team.

Estimated solution now projected about 3-6 business days...

Sorry this didn't help.

Just chiming in here.  I'm having the same issue and posted over on the other forums (not great that there two different sets of forums for people seeking help).  There have been several other users who have replied to my original post saying they have the same issue.  Not a single moderator or "expert" has offered a suggestion and those who have contacted MS Support have been given no info.  For a run down on what I've been experiencing since the evening of 2/7/2013 here is my original post:

Whenever I try to purchase an episode of a tv show, I'm getting a message "An error occurred. Please try again later" after trying to buy it.  I'll hit "buy" it will say "buying items" and then that is replaced with the error message above. There is no error code given.  It happens whether I try the "watch now" option or the "download" option.  It's also happened on two different tv shows from two different networks.  This just started happening last night, up until then I've been able to purchase and watch videos without issue from Zune on my computer.  

Steps I've tried: Closing/reopening Zune program on my computer, restarting the computer, unistalling and reinstalling the Zune software and finally, just letting it be for 24hrs in the hopes of whatever glitch is going on, would correct itself.  I also have plenty of points (over 1000) available to pay for the cost of the tv shows I'm trying to download (160 points each).

I'm able to watch other videos I've already purchased just fine, and I when I tested out downloading a "free sneak peak" short episode last night, that worked perfectly fine.  Everything else (synching with my Zune player, downloading podcasts, etc) is working perfectly.  It's just not completing any purchases (edit to add: it's just video purchases that aren't working. I can purchase and download music just fine. Only the tv shows are giving me this error when I click "buy").

The thread on the forum is: answers.microsoft.com/.../351e1a93-73b9-4206-a86f-2e7d226c2403

Sorry this didn't help.