unable to purchase dlc / videos with ms points

I have developed this problem within the last 3 days maybe - Never ever had problems dowloading content - wont let me purchase through xbox360 / pc / zune software - kinda wondering what is going on.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

btw heres the message i get on xbox "status code: 80153410" - thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems like this is common.  I am also having the same problem.  I think it is because we each own an XBox, and are therefore subject to the problems that affect Microsoft.   XBox really seems to have drop the ball with this issue.  I opened a case with them but time for resolution is 72 hours. There response is to wait 72 hours and try to purchase again.  Great so I won't have any new content for my Xbox till Monday! Sweet!   What Mickey Mouse is behind the scenes at XBox? Fix this and fix it today, XBox! 72 hours is unacceptably long!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've got the same problem trying to download episode 5 of the Walking Dead.  It's pretty frustrating.  There seems to be no reason for it to be happening.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there guys! After searching for this error code I found a guide that has many suggestions of helping out here. Please try them out and see if any of them help. Could you then post back with what you tried and didn't work or what did solve the issue for you. Thanks!

Xbox LIVE credit card error codes

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep tried all of those things suggestions out, nothing worked contacted phone support waiting for an email! Can't use points no explanation no transparency. I am really fed up with XBox I will never own another one that is for sure my XBox Live subscription which is current and paid up to date has been nothing but a waste of money!  This is seriously a joke, I was hoping to enjoy some new DLC for my birthday weekend but obviously XBox has other plans.  What really is the problem and what is the explanation for it? Why does the website say all of the marketplace is up and running when from my standpoint that clearly isn't the issue?  What is wrong with my console? How did this happen?  Why does a resolution take 72 hours?  What is XBox Live going to do to compensate me for all this headache and terrible support? To clarify that last statement the people helping me over the phone have been great, they just can't answer my questions or resolve this issue themselves so I am just left to get angry thinking about it and have no idea what the F has happened!

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same prob but i have the pts on my acc and they wont let me use them

Sorry this didn't help.

update - so i eventually called xbox support and went through the phone for maybe 20 minutes at the most - they sent my info & problem to there top tier tech support cause there was nothing the person on the phone could do. this morning i have all use back - happy camper. really have had no problems like this but i thank xbox for the effort to satisfy - i recomend peeps call xbox support

Sorry this didn't help.

I have called too sent it too their top tier support staff, because the no one on the phone had the power on their end to fix it. I have talked with email from the support just awaiting my resolution.  I am angry because there is no transparency with the resolution process or the cause of such a problem.  Yes my advice to anyone suffering this issue is to call support and wait for them fix it.  The process is supposed to take 24-72 hours. They phone staff is great but as I said they do not have any power or control to expedite the resolution process.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem... It all started for me on Thursday. I've contacted tech support 7 or 8 times and my issue has been escalated to top tier tech support twice. It's been almost 72 hours with no reply, no transparency, and my original problem has not been fixed. On the phone tonight, they told me that weekends DO NOT COUNT. So what they REALLY mean is 72 hours Mon-Fri. If you're hoping for a solution by Monday, it probably won't happen.

Sorry this didn't help.

My issue is still unresolved it has been escalated twice, have not heard anything from XBox via email since Sunday, can't use points, can't download anything that costs points.  Fix this or in the very least, put up a status update with what is happening!  I am so frustrated cannot buy anything either through the console or the XBox Live marketplace website.  This is a cruel Joke.

Sorry this didn't help.